• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getting a new WORLD coin.
1 1

17 posts in this topic

So, you go to the Collector's Corner website that has umpty jillion neat coins listed.

You browse down the list and find dozens of really cool coins.   WOW that one is EXACTLY what I want.   

Lessee, how much is it?   Oh..... "BID NOW".....urk.  

:frown:  :frown:

Edited by Rollo Tomassi

On 4/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, thebeav said:

If you click on "Price" at  the right end of the heading, you can be sure of separating the 'buy it nows' from the auctions.

My simpleton gene is working overtime.   I click price and it turns red and STILL shows "Bid Now"

There are some "Details" options that bring up a form but it seems only to PICK a price.

HELP!   :smile:

On 4/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, thebeav said:

If you click on "Price" at  the right end of the heading, you can be sure of separating the 'buy it nows' from the auctions.

AH-DOGGONE-HAH !!   Figgered it out.   Clicking "Price" sorts by price and SEPARATES the priced coins from the AUCTION ones !!

YAY !!!    Smooch Smooch SMOOCH !!!

WHAT a good suggestion.  :headbang:  (worship)

15 hours ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

I generally only use eBay to calculate the value OVER pricing.

Cut price by a third and you can get.....close.   If it's a thousand dollar coin, I can usually find it on eBay for $2100 or so.    :insane:

Aint that the truth. I've seen blast white pre 64 quarters on Ebay from a seller for $35 and the very same quarter, same grade, and everything. Blast white from another seller for $80. I understand there are factors such as toning and certain holders and things that can make the price fluctuate but I compared common blast white coins with not very much different characteristics to compare prices. Some sellers are way to high on coins and some are reasonable. Thats just one example. Ive looked at 1000s of coins on there and the prices are all over the place. As GoldFinger1969 mentioned I've got some very nice coins from Great Collections at some very good prices. Most of the time I get out bidded on GC, but I've also scored some very nice coins cheap. For way less than I could get the same coin off Ebay

17 hours ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

I generally only use eBay to calculate the value OVER pricing.

Listen up guys.  EBay USED to be the place for coins and currency - years ago.  Now EBay is mostly the junk dealers are trying to get rid off.  When you click Buy It Now and you see an 1880 Morgan Dollar low for $40.00 and by the time you get to the end of the list it's $300.00!  If I see a coin on EBay and check it's B.I.N. price chances are good that I can get a better looking (eye appeal) coin and at less money expended from a nationally know dealer.  I have not bought from EBay (coins) in quite a while.

1 hour ago, Alex in PA. said:

Listen up guys.  EBay USED to be the place for coins and currency - years ago.  Now EBay is mostly the junk dealers are trying to get rid off.  When you click Buy It Now and you see an 1880 Morgan Dollar low for $40.00 and by the time you get to the end of the list it's $300.00!  If I see a coin on EBay and check it's B.I.N. price chances are good that I can get a better looking (eye appeal) coin and at less money expended from a nationally know dealer.  I have not bought from EBay (coins) in quite a while.

I found a couple good dealers on there that I been getting my Washington quarters from. Had to sort thru piles of high inflated priced coins to find them though. I'm sure there are a handful more but I found these guys and didn't have to look much more. They got some nice ones for the grade. 

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

Independent dealers are a far better source.  You know who the seller is and can usually talk to them on the phone.

52 minutes ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

Independent dealers are a far better source.  You know who the seller is and can usually talk to them on the phone.

When I find a good dealer on Ebay I usually visit their store online. 

10 minutes ago, Rollo Tomassi said:

It can be a chore to track it down.  City and name are .....helpful.... but usually the seller is using a username on eBay.

I had a couple I like really well send me their business cards. I'm planning on getting all of them I can from them to complete my pre 64 Washington collection. I made a friend on here (Zadok) a promise I am gonna complete it. He didn't ask me to or anything, I just right out promised him. I usually keep my promises if I'm able. He's been very helpful to me and gave me some wonderful advice. His advice is why I decided on GWs. Helps me to complete a goal if I promise someone I will. That way it will keep me at it so I don't lie to them and let them down. And those 2 dealers have got some of the best prices I've seen on GWs. And nice looking ones also. I figured I can get a good chunk of them from those two. I just dread it when I gotta get my key dates. 

5 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I have not bought from EBay (coins) in quite a while.

Me neither.  (And "cookies" has does nothing but detract from my "viewing experience," inundating me with offerings not remotely related to what I am interested in and truly looking for.)

4 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

I had a couple I like really well send me their business cards. I'm planning on getting all of them I can from them to complete my pre 64 Washington collection. I made a friend on here (Zadok) a promise I am gonna complete it. He didn't ask me to or anything, I just right out promised him. I usually keep my promises if I'm able. He's been very helpful to me and gave me some wonderful advice. His advice is why I decided on GWs. Helps me to complete a goal if I promise someone I will. That way it will keep me at it so I don't lie to them and let them down. And those 2 dealers have got some of the best prices I've seen on GWs. And nice looking ones also. I figured I can get a good chunk of them from those two. I just dread it when I gotta get my key dates. 

true to ur word....impressed, u jumped rite past that 200 barrier, on ur way to 100....

2 hours ago, zadok said:

true to ur word....impressed, u jumped rite past that 200 barrier, on ur way to 100....

I been working on them. I'm gonna try to get one or two each week and hopefully get them all one day.