• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1943 s Steel Cent
1 1

12 posts in this topic

It is a nice coin, but common, sometimes replated. I bought three, p,s, and d graded for less than it would have cost to get one graded. You can purchase an ms66 version for $35.

this is one of mine in a less than ms66 grade. Plus an eBay ad.

CBAB50D3-10AB-48AE-8B37-BC2AB556059E.jpeg

6C8BBEDF-ABBD-4441-91A7-2D58D325D076.jpeg

Pics aren't very clear but I don't think it's a reprocessed cent either. Still as Mr.Bill347 noted, these are cheap already slabbed. I wouldn't waste the money unless the coin means something more to you. 

Edited by bsshog40

Tough to judge from your photos, looks too shinny like its plated or reprocessed, however that could just be the harsh lighting your using.  I will say that I'm in complete agreement with what has been said so far, this is a very common coin that can already be found in great numbers already slabbed and graded by third party grading firms like NGC or PCGS.   According to the NGC population report NGC alone has graded and slabbed almost 6 thousand in the MS66 grade alone.   What I'm saying is that there are more than enough 1943-S Lincolns already graded than the demand can use, you would be better off not spending your money on slabbing such a common coin and use those funds to enjoy the hobby in other ways.   Perhaps another coin or book purchase, or perhaps an investment in some better lighting/equipment so that you might improve and enjoy taking photos of your coins.

Welcome to the forum Anson.  Even if it was an RPM, which I can't remotely determine from the pic, it would not be anywhere close to feasible from a financial standpoint to submit as most RPM's for this date are worth way less than submission costs. Your coin also looks like it has been re-plated as best as I can tell from your picture due to it's 'shiny' appearance. If so, it is only worth face value.  

Edited by GBrad
I guess I am too slow..... three posts popped up before I was done typing....LOL

On 4/7/2021 at 10:52 AM, Greenstang said:

Unless a coin is worth at least $150.00, it is not worth grading.

[Sound advice which I believe your average small-time collector fails to appreciate.]