• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987: 25y and 50y Gold Panda Coins.

4 posts in this topic

I don't have any reason to suspect these have ever been out of the clear plastic cases, the coins themselves look untouched.

A: Should I have them graded? What are they ~worth now, verses what would they be ~worth after grading?

B: What would be the best(i.e: most profitable) way to dispose of them?

Please let me know if you have any questions/suggestions. Thank you.

coins.jpg

Edited by J. S.

9 hours ago, J. S. said:

I don't have any reason to suspect these have ever been out of the clear plastic cases, the coins themselves look untouched.

A: Should I have them graded? What are they ~worth now, verses what would they be ~worth after grading?

B: What would be the best(i.e: most profitable) way to dispose of them?

For modern NCLT (bullion coins) it's often 70 or bust when it comes to grading and whether or not it's worth it. I took a quick look at the NGC population reports for these coins and there is not a good percentage of "70" coins, in fact the 50 Yen has none out of 411 graded but plenty of "69's" to go around. It looks like they were removed from their original packaging which makes me think there is even less of a chance for them to grade high. I'm not very familiar with these but I would think your best bet would be to sell them as is and let someone else worry about the risk of having them graded. You should still get a good price for them. Ebay, Coin Forum marketplaces or any similar online platform is a good place to sell. 

The pandas seem to be happy where they are. Why not allow them some dignity and not rip them from their homes?