• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost

20 posts in this topic

The price guide will not apply as the coin has been cleaned.  There is no real set value for problem or damaged coins, but would be substantially lower than an undamaged AU.

As a general rule of thumb, a "details" coin will sell for 2-3 letter grades  lower than a normal coin. In other words, you should look at VF or Fine prices to determine the value of your coin. And, remember that most price guides give retail prices - the price you would expect a dealer to charge you. What you could actually sell the coin for would be even lower that that.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Before Registry Sets it was customary for Details graded coins to be worth about one alpha grade below the Details grade, but collectors are much more focused on point scores these days.

1 hour ago, DWLange said:

Before Registry Sets it was customary for Details graded coins to be worth about one alpha grade below the Details grade, but collectors are much more focused on point scores these days.

Dont unstand what you mean im nwe to all this

Most coins found in small estates, likely such as your Indian cents, are not worth the expense of professional independent authentication and grading. Common Indian cents are worth less than a dollar each, if not damaged. To justify authentication costs, a coin should be worth a minimum of $150 to $200 wholesale.

"Registry Sets" are collections of coins that have been graded by a third party grader (TPG). The owners compete with each other for having the most complete sets containing the highest quality coins. Some people get carried away by the competition and pay outrageous prices for  common pocket change that has been given a very slightly higher grade than another, similar coin.

"Alpha grade" refers to a single grade point difference on a numeric scale of from 1 to 70, with 70 being "perfect."

Edited by RWB

i have a 1926 p wheat peny 1918,1917 D , 1923 sm date 1934, 1941 nickel. 1979 susen b liberty dollar .just to named a few that not eaven a drop of what i got there us at least 6 to7 generation of coins

On 4/5/2021 at 4:07 PM, Jkcc said:

I got a lot of inden head pennys and lot of coins and i want to seal but i would like to get at least a fair amount if i could

I would be interested in The Indian Head cents, let me know.