1978 D LMC, Proof to Business?'s AKA Train wreck
3 3

241 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

7 pages on this? Are you kidding me, please standby while I go watch Game of Thrones 6 seasons. I’ll check back in at that time, figuring this thread will still be knotting up the Interweb for some time to come. 😴

I couldn't help myself. Had to revive it. 

45 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Oh dear.  They are just getting warmed up.  :fear:

This is what happens when a King of the Threadmasters like Ratzie decides to take a sabbatical.

3 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Threadmasters like Ratzie decides to take a sabbatical.

10 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

considering the hostile, inhospitable response he received here, who can blame him for seeking more accommodating quarters elsewhere.

Agreed.  Things are changing here and not for the better.

@JKK I believe you have distilled the phenomenon observed here intermittently to its basic components.  Speaking for myself, I am complicit, and guilty as charged.

25 minutes ago, JKK said:

I see two problems:

Agreed and you have hit the nail on the head.

26 minutes ago, JKK said:

how many dip*spoon*s have shown up with parking lot coins they think are Rare Mint Errors; each one deserves at least a civil answer, and at least one level of deeper explanation on courteous request.

Except that the 'dip spoons' may be one and the same.  

2 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

I think you are correct, Alex 💯

3 hours ago, Alex in PA. said:

You are familiar with the reference?

7 minutes ago, JKK said:

normally comes after "dip-

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant.  With this Covid thing I think there's a lot of bored people out there.  However, I think one person is responsible for a lot.  Nothing we can do but avoid and relax.  Have a good one.

4 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

I am complicit, and guilty as charged.

I apologize if I don't believe that for one minute.  You are smarter than most of us here and that tends to make people nervous.

52 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Threads like this happen because of enablers like QA

Someone named 'Slickcoins' started this one and it seems like it took a life of it's own.  I think we are all guilty of the process of this one.

1 hour ago, JKK said:

On the old board, which you probably remember but which went back a ways, the standard programmed substitute for a swear word once was *spoon*. Me being me, I promptly began to make fun of it by just typing *spoon* when I wanted to write a profanity. So if you imagine what normally comes after "dip-" when putting down someone's intellect, this one will not be mysterious. It might sound like bull*spoon*, but it's not.

Thank you! I have seen the “spoon” thing used quite a bit and never really knew what it meant. Took me a while to figure out what ATS was too. Getting better with this coin lingo. Much appreciated.

I'm sorry you all. It's my fault I went back and brought this one back to life. I wanted to show it to Sharann. We was joking about this thread in one of her threads. I tagged her in this so she could read it and see what we was joking about. 

14 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

It's my fault I went back and brought this one back to life. I

Nonsense!  You are doing just fine.  When I first, back in the day, I wish I would have learned as fast as you.  You are, and always will be, a credit to this forum.

Posted (edited)

Let us not forget, I know I can't :)

I went on a 150 year old coin mission and found a bunch, the mission of proving the impossible.

So remember we're thinking impossible, without you all none of the next coins would be here, for us to have epic threads about.

For sure we would need everyone updated on how we all got here.

Thanks again all :)

Edited by SlickCoins

On 5/4/2021 at 11:13 PM, Mr.Bill347 said:

7 pages on this? Are you kidding me, ....

[Nope, your comment successfully straddled the cusp.  Eight (8) pages now.  I kid you not!]  (thumbsu