• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1945 Penny curve clip?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Posting my 1945 penny clip, is this curve clip? Or may l know if there is another term to call, is there any premium value on this? Of just candy for my kiddos..

thanks!

2931CD60-7726-4E88-BF1C-AEBEAFA36DCF.jpeg

E5BA36FC-7072-4137-A2AA-C5E742B51944.jpeg

First it is called a "planchet" not "planchette".   A planchette is:  "a small board supported on casters, typically heart-shaped and fitted with a vertical pencil, used for automatic writing and in seances"   Second most of the time these are just commonly called "clips", and yes you do appear to have a genuine clip as the edge by the clip is slanted toward the clip and there appears to be a very slight blakesley effect on the opposite side of the clip.   There are collectors that like to collect these types of errors, I am not one myself so I cannot say with any degree of certainty on a value, my WAG is about $50. 

Thanks guys! Thats a lot of candy plus 1 box of pampers, awesome!

actually Im still organising my coins , so far l have made 12 albums 20  pg each  album  wheat  pen ny to shield and all modern dime   Nickle quarters, including Canadian penny to 2$ l might sell some coz lm keeping them for my kids but im gonna  need your advice if what is the best coin to keep for my kids as investment and im not sure how much those  coins worth m

Here is some very good info to determine if you have a clipped planchet or somebody just got happy with a grinder.

BTW:  I believe the value would be a few dollars at best.  The clip is minor and the coin has some environmental damage.  However, it is a cool mint error.

http://www.error-ref.com/_curved_clips_/