Use Submission Tracking to Quickly and Easily Check the Status and Grades of Your Submission
2 2

17 posts in this topic

  • Administrator

To improve efficiency and provide a better customer experience, Customer Service will no longer provide grades over the phone. All grading results will be available online through the free online Submission Tracking resource.  Read more

 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great move by NGC.....most brokerage firms employ a tracking bar or the like so that folks can see when funds or accounts have been opened/funded.  Ditto USPS, FedX, Amazon, etc.

Online tracking will probably cut down on annoying phone calls by 95%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chiefschomp said:

So mine says finalized and shipped.March 22.  But where do you find the tracking number.

When they send you your final invoice email a 2nd email will have a pdf file with shipping info

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought everyone just used the submission tracking for this...now if only the post office would do as well with tracking registered shipments going to Sarasota!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The online tracking mechanism has worked very well until recently.  My last two submissions went through the process up to finalized, imaged, shipped, and I got the invoice via email the same day, but I never got the email with the shipping information and tracking number.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, gmarguli said:

@Matt G What would be very helpful is if the grades posted before the coins were shipped. It's rather infuriating to see the grades post and see MS63 when the coin was a PROOF, or that NGC put the wrong KM number, or wrong country, or in one case, gave a color designation to a non-copper coin. 

It'd be very nice to be able to call NGC and report a problem before the coins shipped.

[Too busy processing monster boxes 📦]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 12:37 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

[Too busy processing monster boxes 📦]

A TOTAL waste of time for everybody EXCEPT the grading firm and dealers. There is NO value to the collector by buying graded bullion strike coins. None whatsoever. It’s “bilk the suckers”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 4:32 PM, VKurtB said:

A TOTAL waste of time for everybody EXCEPT the grading firm and dealers. There is NO value to the collector by buying graded bullion strike coins. None whatsoever. It’s “bilk the suckers”.

Totally 100% agree but it's always been about the dealer and the common collector is just fish bait.  TPG's, CAC, etc. - established by and for dealers.  Grading system and additives* - established by dealers for dealers.  

* Proof Like, Deep Mirror Proof Like, et al = ????  If it isn't a Proof it's a simple business strike no matter how pretty.  New one coming soon - Semi-Proof Like.  Buy that Bullion @ $75.00 an Ounce (ASE) and a year from now see how much a dealer will pay you for it.  This is all done to increase the 'Premium' you can be charged.  An ordinary Business Strike @ MS63 is what?  Then I add DMPL to the nomenclature?  Ca ching!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 4:04 PM, Alex in PA. said:

Totally 100% agree but it's always been about the dealer and the common collector is just fish bait.  TPG's, CAC, etc. - established by and for dealers.  Grading system and additives* - established by dealers for dealers.  

* Proof Like, Deep Mirror Proof Like, et al = ????  If it isn't a Proof it's a simple business strike no matter how pretty.  New one coming soon - Semi-Proof Like.  Buy that Bullion @ $75.00 an Ounce (ASE) and a year from now see how much a dealer will pay you for it.  This is all done to increase the 'Premium' you can be charged.  An ordinary Business Strike @ MS63 is what?  Then I add DMPL to the nomenclature?  Ca ching!

I do support CAMEO and UC proofs. I own several other categories of superlatives, but I didn’t pay extra for them, but rather sent them in myself, from raw. In London, England, I bought a 1967 United States SMS set in which 4 of the 5 coins were cameos. I never saw even one like that here in the U.S. Two was the max.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 2:41 AM, gmarguli said:

@Matt G What would be very helpful is if the grades posted before the coins were shipped. It's rather infuriating to see the grades post and see MS63 when the coin was a PROOF, or that NGC put the wrong KM number, or wrong country, or in one case, gave a color designation to a non-copper coin. 

It'd be very nice to be able to call NGC and report a problem before the coins shipped.

Agreed

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2021 at 1:17 PM, Matt G said:

To improve efficiency and provide a better customer experience, Customer Service will no longer provide grades over the phone. All grading results will be available online through the free online Submission Tracking resource.  Read more

can we have tracking from leaving the London office so we now our submissions are on the way to the United States .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2021 at 9:41 PM, gmarguli said:

@Matt G What would be very helpful is if the grades posted before the coins were shipped. It's rather infuriating to see the grades post and see MS63 when the coin was a PROOF, or that NGC put the wrong KM number, or wrong country, or in one case, gave a color designation to a non-copper coin. 

It'd be very nice to be able to call NGC and report a problem before the coins shipped.

Hmmm...that's awfully reasonable, useful and potentially cost reducing. Not sure if "Corporate America" is ready for that. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2