• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In God We rust
1 1

38 posts in this topic

Okay, so, while looking through quarters on my quest for an infamous "W", I came across this little diddy. I really didn't even want to post this because my eyes see all kinds of things that aren't there on occasion, but I didn't have anyone else at home to tell me whether or not this is the error for the 2005 Kansas State Quarter. Yes, I looked it up and it APPEARS to be, but I can't be too sure of anything these days. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

20210319_123725.jpg

20210319_123928.jpg

20210319_124159.jpg

Edited by Sharann

9 minutes ago, Sharann said:

Okay, so, while looking through quarters on my quest for an infamous "W", I came across this little diddy. I really didn't even want to post this because my eyes see all kinds of things that aren't there on occasion, but I didn't have anyone else at home to tell me whether or not this is the error for the 2005 Kansas State Quarter. Yes, I looked it up and it APPEARS to be, but I can't be too sure of anything these days. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š

20210319_123725.jpg

20210319_123928.jpg

20210319_124159.jpg

It looks like the one advertised about, hard to say it is real scratchy maybe to cover up being tooled. But thats a lot of work to go through for something not worth big bucks.

Edited by J P Mashoke

Just now, J P Mashoke said:

It looks like the one advertised about, hard to say it is real scratchy maybe to cover up being tooled

I know! That's why I didn't want to post it, but I sure don't know. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

5 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

It looks like the one advertised about, hard to say it is real scratchy maybe to cover up being tooled

Β 

3 minutes ago, Sharann said:

I know! That's why I didn't want to post it, but I sure don't know. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Β Its your thread. I say post stuff everyone here is so cool you get honest answers.

Edited by J P Mashoke

Just now, J P Mashoke said:

Β 

Β Its your tread. I say post stuff everyone here is so cool you get honest answers.

Oh, don't worry, Mr. Mashoke, I ain't a bit shy about posting, I just hate to worry everybody over nothing. Lol

This is a recognized error on this quarter. I don’t think it demands a huge premium but it’s one roll hunters look for.Β 
Β 

This same quarter has a reverse die crack in the Buffalo people look for as well. A speared Buffalo.Β 

Just now, Woods020 said:

This is a recognized error on this quarter. I don’t think it demands a huge premium but it’s one roll hunters look for.Β 
Β 

This same quarter has a reverse die crack in the Buffalo people look for as well. A speared Buffalo.Β 

And to be clear not saying yours has the reverse die crack. Meaning this year quarter it’s something to look forΒ 

19 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

And to be clear not saying yours has the reverse die crack. Meaning this year quarter it’s something to look forΒ 

Thank you! I am surely not worried about any premium. I'm just glad I finally found something real! LolΒ 

Thanks for the disclaimer, but I think you know it wasn't required, lol.Β 

Yep, looks like a grease filled die "IN GOD WE RUST" "error". I'm not very familiar with these but there seems to be a progression of this ranging from "IN __D WE __UST" to your coin. Yours is probably the most popular version.

3 minutes ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

Yep, looks like a grease filled die "IN GOD WE RUST" "error". I'm not very familiar with these but there seems to be a progression of this ranging from "IN __D WE __UST" to your coin. Yours is probably the most popular version.

I am just glad I was finally right, lol. I talked myself outta being right so much it is still a little iffy, lol

1 hour ago, Sharann said:

Thank you! I am surely not worried about any premium. I'm just glad I finally found something real! LolΒ 

Thanks for the disclaimer, but I think you know it wasn't required, lol.Β 

I'm gonna have to go down look for coins in that country. You racking them up my friend. That's awsome.Β 

27 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I'm gonna have to go down look for coins in that country. You racking them up my friend. That's awsome.Β 

You come on anytime you get ready.. But you are gonna wear safety glasses the whole time! I can do blood, guts, and bones, but I cannot do eyeballs. We came home from a soccer game one night and our dog's eyeball was hanging out of her eye. Since then, I cannot do eyeballs. No siree, Hog!Β 

2 minutes ago, Sharann said:

You come on anytime you get ready.. But you are gonna wear safety glasses the whole time! I can do blood, guts, and bones, but I cannot do eyeballs. We came home from a soccer game one night and our dog's eyeball was hanging out of her eye. Since then, I cannot do eyeballs. No siree, Hog!Β 

Wasn't laughing about the dog. Was about making me wear glasses the whole timeΒ :roflmao:

Eyeballs are nasty looking when they are hanging out aint they. Had a friend that wrecked his truck one night and it tore his eye out of socket. That was a horrible sight. It was dangling to. He ended up losing it. He's got a glass eye now.Β 

19 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Wasn't laughing about the dog. Was about making me wear glasses the whole timeΒ :roflmao:

LOL, she (the dog) never missed a beat. She doesn't know why she runs crooked, she's just happy to be running, I guess.Β 

18 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Eyeballs are nasty looking when they are hanging out aint they. Had a friend that wrecked his truck one night and it tore his eye out of socket. That was a horrible sight. It was dangling to. He ended up losing it. He's got a glass eye now.Β 

Yes, ugh, SO GROSS😣

That same grease fill error exists on other issues as well but for some reason it is just the Kansas issue that gets all the interest.Β  It's like the 55 Bugs Bunny half dollar.Β  That same clash exists on every other date/mint in the series but the only one people care about is the 55.

15 hours ago, Conder101 said:

That same grease fill error exists on other issues as well but for some reason it is just the Kansas issue that gets all the interest.Β  It's like the 55 Bugs Bunny half dollar.Β  That same clash exists on every other date/mint in the series but the only one people care about is the 55.

I am a big "why and how" kinda girl, and I am curious as to what is so different or unique to Kansas that it gets all the hype. I am gonna do a bit of reading and see if I can come up with anything. Thanks

The Kansas coin got hyped which brought it to peoples attention.Β  It is also apparently much more common than the others which allows for quantities to be acquired and then promoted. Further hyping the coin.

19 hours ago, Sharann said:

I am a big "why and how" kinda girl, and I am curious as to what is so different or unique to Kansas that it gets all the hype. I am gonna do a bit of reading and see if I can come up with anything. Thanks

Its not that the Kansas one is that different or unique really, its nothing more than a common die fill.Β  Β What made it one to look for is that the right player somehow got it recognized (which it should not be really) and then had the ability to promote it for profit.Β  Β I would not be surprised if at sometime in the future this gets delisted as a variety, and that would be the correct move.

ItΒ was YouTube β€œnumismatists” in my opinion. For some reason within the last few years videos have become prevalent about β€œgetting rich from pocket change” or β€œcoins worth a lot of money”. This is a popular one they hype.Β 

I agree with the others that finding this coin is not going to equate to independent wealth. Β However, these errors are extremely fun finds. Β I put this coin in the same bucket as the Delaware "Spitting Horse", Wisconsin "Extra Leaf", and Homestead "Snowy Roof/Leaky Bucket". Β Not super valuable - but SUPER fun to find. Β Congrats Sharann on finding one!Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

I agree with the others that finding this coin is not going to equate to independent wealth. Β However, these errors are extremely fun finds. Β I put this coin in the same bucket as the Delaware "Spitting Horse", Wisconsin "Extra Leaf", and Homestead "Snowy Roof/Leaky Bucket". Β Not super valuable - but SUPER fun to find. Β Congrats Sharann on finding one!Β 

Β 

Then it's a good thing I'm not searching for wealth, just for fun. To be completely honest, saying and typing the whole phrase without the T in trust kind of hurts my heart, cause in my God we don't rust! Personally, I don't think it should EVER have been hyped at all and that those coins should be deemed obsolete. But, that's just my opinion and the big boys don't usuallyΒ ask for it.Β 

Edited by Sharann

On 3/19/2021 at 10:43 AM, Sharann said:

20210319_123725.jpg

20210319_123928.jpg

20210319_124159.jpg

Are you going to send thisΒ in to NGC for grading?

10 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

It is just good fun finding all the stuff that is out there, and on the chance you do find a keeper well ....YAHOO.... if not just keep looking on....Like this silly one?Β Is it for real or someone's handy work.

S20210325_0002.jpg

Are you going to send this to NGC for grading? Id be interested in seein how they would label it more than the grade.