• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
4 4

194 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2021 at 6:58 PM, Jason Abshier said:

I’ve seen a few handful of Morgans graded out MS60 , even saw a few PL60 as well … strange grade it’s either high upper AU condition but not good enough to be a MS61 . Most a 60 looks like it has a lot of contact and distracting bag marks I’ve only seen Morgans in this grade however I haven’t looked at other coins in 60 grade I’m sure every coin series has them 

Almost every MS 60 through MS 68 I have seen will have some marks of one kind or another 69 and 70 are almost perfect but I have seen marks on 69 and 70s also

On 8/3/2021 at 7:40 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Almost every MS 60 through MS 68 I have seen will have some marks of one kind or another 69 and 70 are almost perfect but I have seen marks on 69 and 70s also

So in comparison they are very close to there marked grade I think

War Nickels.jpg

1943-P 1944-P.jpg

[I might as well come right out and say it:  I love War nickels!  Period.  Those over-sized mint-marks are special and hint at a small number of years.  Philadelphia, prior to this series, hardly if ever appeared on any U.S. coin.  And let's not forget their 35% silver content. The universe of such coins in respectable condition is limited.  You've done very well with your finds.  Thanks for sharing them with us.]   🐓

On 8/4/2021 at 7:11 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I am also a fan of the war nickles. My father in law has several. None in really great shape but still fun to admire. I'm planning on adding a couple to my collection soon. 

I started with one of these I think I paid less but it was a pretty good way to have them all in a  set. The bu’s can get pricey but I do like them. I heard there’s something like $1.25-$1.45 melt each

C0D85981-13C1-4014-895D-369CAD2B00E6.png

Edited by James Zyskowski

On 8/4/2021 at 9:52 PM, James Zyskowski said:

I started with one of these I think I paid less but it was a pretty good way to have them all in a  set. The bu’s can get pricey but I do like them. I heard there’s something like &1.25-$1.45 melt each

Well so far all the War Nickels I have gotten are MS 60 and up so I think I may wait a bit before I melt them. but thanks for the information James, and the price chart is cool to for a reference Bob thanks.

Not that I’ve ever been into commemoratives that much but I really liked this Jefferson commemorative in silver. Got a good price with mint box and coa. Got it for $24.99. I love the coin, haven’t seen too many of them and especially the Monticello reverse.

while I was thinking Jefferson, I also picked up this PF69 Jefferson gold buck fir $7

thats my mail for today.

80795AD8-C276-47C3-9B49-1EF75989DB7E.jpeg

A85E133F-A629-47DA-8848-8EE42FBAB5EF.jpeg

ECACC12B-4101-49C9-A13C-DA44F6901634.jpeg

66B35730-A648-4AA8-B554-D260ABE81E77.jpeg

Wow , I'm sorry Bill, I will stop posting the stuff I find..........:roflmao:........ well at least you got some really cool looking coins I like it all .I find it amazing that of all the dimes out there you picked the same year as one of the coins I keep on my desk ( yours is nicer ).Great minds think alike . Remember Bill coins are not like donuts they wont go bad or rot away. 9_9

S20210807_0001.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke