• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Find of the Day
4 4

194 posts in this topic

I found a 1973 in the Yard sale batch that may be struck through grease . I found the same error on line for the really cheep price of $8000 if you want this penny which is in much better shape Than the one on line . I will trade it for a few 2021 Morgan's LoL 

S20210525_0002.jpg

S20210525_0001.jpg

56 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

I missed the Morgan and Peace deal

And you're probably better off for it, because in four years you might be able to get a ms70 at the same price you paid for this. She's a beauty! :cool:

Pssst, there are more releases of Morgan Commemoratives yet to come and the Peace Commemorative has yet to go on sale.

Now Both the Wife and I have ASE DCAM's hers is not in a graded slab but just as nice if not nicer and hers is monogramed with a W for Wife.

Mine has the S you can only guess what that is for. :insane:

2007 W.jpg

2007 W back.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke

On 4/9/2021 at 9:46 PM, J P Mashoke said:

Well today the wife and I went coin shopping at a real nice coin shop in Nashville and we got some big coins. My wife said what are the shiny coins over there?

So we decided to get two of them ,the first year and the last year 

1986.jpg

2021.jpg

First and last years.jpg

Well after almost two months of shopping six or so locations I received our last type1 ASE today. I hand picked almost all of them. I had to send away for three to Tennessee I could not find them anywhere around here. I am happy now.

All ASE 1986 - 2021.jpg

1 hour ago, J P Mashoke said:

I am happy now.

And well you should be.  Don't take all those out in the sunlight - it'll blind you.  Beautiful coins.  well done.

36 minutes ago, Lem E said:

I wonder if your proof ever gets lonely?

We have two ;) and they all sleep Cozy in the same Oak box in the safe.:preach: Someone told me years ago that a hardwood box helps to keep out the moisture. I also have them all in Airtight brand holders.

3 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

And well you should be.  Don't take all those out in the sunlight - it'll blind you.  Beautiful coins.  well done.

Ya they are shiny, LoL well most ,some have a matt type finish, But thanks for the complement it was fun to build it, First for the grandkids birthdates and then for the Wife who said just finish it off.. ,  

12 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

it was fun to build it,

Yes it is fun but it is also a challenge to find that 'one' that stands out.  Now I really like Silver; so shiny.

Edited by Alex in PA.

50 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

She picked out a bean and got it chopped down another 20% off a none bean NGC mark.

I would have to say that your wife knows her money.  A 98 O MS 65 Morgan with a 'Bean' to boot.  ^^

This came in the mail today. I got this on a bid at Northeast Numismatics I got a sweet deal and NGC says it is a $75 coin so I am happy. I wanted the graded 25th coin seeing that the 25 anniversary is traditionally a silver anniversary.

2011 25th Anniversary A.jpg

2011 25th Anniversary Reverse B.jpg

On 6/3/2021 at 11:28 AM, Rummy13 said:

I went to the back today, my weekly roll search pick up.  They had saved me these; 2-1946 walking liberty's, 2-1950, 2-1951, 1-1951D, 1-1952D, 1-1953P, 1-1957D, 1-1960, 2-1960D, 1-1962D Franklins. I got them at face value, but I am thinking someones dad or grand father is going to be up set.

IMG_6925.JPG

You sir, as it is said on the street, "got juice."

@J P MashokeHey again. I think if you go back in time, not sure the exact year but early 60's I think, any Proof Coins prior to the date that have a Cameo finish are more valuable because they didn't do the striking the same so only the 1st few Coins from each Die Set were Cameo at all and all the rest would just be super shiny. Then after a certain date when they changed the process, I'm sure we could look it up but me and Google don't get along so they rarely give me pertinent search results, all the Proofs were Cameo to Deep Cameo and so aren't as valuable. Also, if you are going for monetary value in the future, maybe for sending that grdaughter to college, you might want to consider moving away from Proof Sets and get you some Uncirculated Sets. That's where the money is. 

2 hours ago, KarenHolcomb said:

you might want to consider moving away from Proof Sets and get you some Uncirculated Sets. That's where the money is. 

I am wondering why you say there is more profit in mint sets rather than proof sets? Unless you are breaking up the sets and selling them off piece by piece.:whistle:  I agree that Proof sets do not go up in value much over time. but when I pay $5 to $8 on average it is not a big loss but the quality of a mint set is quite poor. I find most of the time they look like leftover coins from the floor of the mint that have been swept up and put in a plastic wrappers.:roflmao:

16 hours ago, J P Mashoke said:

I got this on a bid at Northeast Numismatics

Always good deals from the guys and gals at Northeast.  If you want a good and honest deal they are the folks to go to.  Nice Eagle and an NGC MS 70 to boot.

I am liking this coin more and more, Can you guys take a look? I need some extra eyes on this it had a accident at the mint ,it has strike through on both sides of some kind of shape and die cracks all around like the die broke or Die Clash  something messed it up. 

S20210622_0001.jpg

S20210622_0002.jpg

S20210622_0003.jpg

S20210622_0004.jpg

S20210622_0005.jpg

S20210622_0006.jpg

S20210622_0007.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke

3 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

I am liking this coin more and more, Can you guys take a look? I need some extra eyes on this it had a accident at the mint ,it has strike through on both sides of some kind of shape and die cracks all around like the die broke or something messed it up. 

S20210622_0001.jpg

S20210622_0002.jpg

S20210622_0003.jpg

S20210622_0004.jpg

S20210622_0005.jpg

S20210622_0006.jpg

S20210622_0007.jpg

First 2 pics looks like a die clash.

2 minutes ago, Lem E said:

First 2 pics looks like a die clash.

Yes It is the leaf from the reverse die

2 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

Yes It is the leaf from the reverse die

Those dies have definitely seen better days.

24 minutes ago, J P Mashoke said:

I am liking this coin more and more, Can you guys take a look? I need some extra eyes on this it had a accident at the mint ,it has strike through on both sides of some kind of shape and die cracks all around like the die broke or Die Clash  something messed it up. 

S20210622_0001.jpg

S20210622_0002.jpg

S20210622_0003.jpg

S20210622_0004.jpg

S20210622_0005.jpg

S20210622_0006.jpg

S20210622_0007.jpg

Is this the same coin you just posted above?

4 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Is this the same coin you just posted above?

Yes the 1884-O 

Just now, J P Mashoke said:

Yes the 1884-O 

Very nice pick up JP. Lots of interesting details. Right up your alley. :golfclap:

28 minutes ago, Lem E said:

Very nice pick up JP. Lots of interesting details. Right up your alley. :golfclap:

Yes I saw the crack when I bought it and thought it may have more stuff now I can see it sure does. I wonder if I should send it out to be regraded.?

Edited by J P Mashoke