• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else see a 3
1 1

31 posts in this topic

No, I'm sorry but I sure don't. If you don't mind my asking, where do you see a three? I know I am really new at this, and I don't claim to know very much, but I am pretty well versed in my numerals/numbers. We might say them a little differently down here, but they all look pretty much the same. I would love a picture with the number three circled on it, if you don't mind. 

Edited by Sharann

Okay.  I sort of see what you are saying.  There is a little mark under the two (and it is a two) that makes it look a little like the 1943.  However... Look at this portion of the three on the 1943 copper (2nd pic you submitted).  Compare the length of my bar to that of the 1942 in question.  The 1942 is much longer.  This could not have been made by a 1943 die.

I truly understand the excitement and desire, but I do agree with the others.  It's a two.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image-674071307.thumb.jpeg.836e1e9b4ef0084212aa2f443ef82944.jpeg

875335833_IMG_20210306_0723453812.jpg.43a83766eda0857055463743c8864629.jpg.8deef834ffecd6398a96294709c9e628.png

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

I will tell you what happened.

when you are looking for something that isn’t there, but you want to find it, eventually you will start imagining it. I would suggest taking a break from staring at the coin, and look at it again in a few days. That is if you genuinely believe that it’s a “3”. Because it’s not. I had something similar happen to me, when I was going through my “1947 Canadian nickel” looking for a dot variant. I would spend nearly an hour looking at one coin, at various magnifications(even 200x) trying to find a dot, that wasn’t there. I realized that I’m just being delusional, took a break and looked at my coins again in a couple of days. Sure enough, nothing was there.

sometimes the excitement of an idea that, maybe, this is that rare coin, derails logic.

[Note:  I will be checking this thread intermittently and if a change occurs warranting a review, the OP and the membership-at-large, will be the first to know.  As of this writing, everything is tickety-boo.]

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Is that another meaningless coin term....like "wire rim" or "branch mint proof?"

Surely you jest!  "Tickety-boo,"[British slang] fine, excellent, in working order, etc. Made popular by Danny Kaye who sang it in a charming ditty in the 1958 comedy musical Merry Andrew in a scene where, according to my physical dictionary, he rides a bike in "a state of uncompromised bliss." (There is a two-minute snippet of it captured on video.) If you are so disposed, use the search engine of your choice and tap in: "Danny Kaye tickety-boo meaning."