1958 proof penny
6 6

116 posts in this topic

@Modwriter  Very lovely Proof!  Incredible price!  They don't make 'em like they used to (and I am not saying all this because I don't want the old man's ferocious dogs chasin' me down the street.)  Bad enough I gotta dodge bullets.   ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1958 is NOT a tough date for proof cents. It has some extra popularity because it’s the last wheat one. The OP’s coin is nothing special under any circumstances.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 3:32 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Modwriter  Very lovely Proof!  Incredible price!  They don't make 'em like they used to (and I am not saying all this because I don't want the old man's ferocious dogs chasin' me down the street.)  Bad enough I gotta dodge bullets.   ;)

Thanks Quintus. I also got a 57 and gave it to my life- long non collector buddy. Our birth years. This LCS is in "Old Town" Temecula where they have western gun fight reenactments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 10:02 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

You kiddin' me?  It's almost as old as you are (and doesn't have any travel restrictions).  :roflmao:

I don’t have any travel restrictions either. Watch me. Huntsville to O’Hare, Sunday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 11:18 PM, Modwriter said:

The 1958-P 1C: 875,652 minted. The DCAM is valued at $12,000. It is noted also that  1950-1958-P 1C have been taken out of mint sets. 

Yes, in DCAM or UC, it’s a REAL toughie. Regular CAM is bad enough. (Nothing to do with reverse lettering.)

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 9:23 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@VKurtB. I will permit the short hop to Chicago, but don't get any fancy ideas about going overseas, quarantine or not.  🐓

Maybe not in 2021, but count on Spring of ‘22. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 10:37 AM, VKurtB said:

Maybe not in 2021, but count on Spring of ‘22. 

Bet!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 2:29 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

Bet!

The UK has lifted the quarantine requirement for vaccinated Americans. In my opinion, they probably should NOT for Johnson & Johnson jabees, only Pfizer and Moderna. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is off-topic, and I am complicit in its continuity, but allow me to add the so-called Delta Variant has introduced another unknown variable to the pandemic.  I predict, since no one vaccine fits all, that we should all continue to wear masks when in crowded quarters and consider the likelihood of booster shots.   🐓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2021 at 3:04 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

This is off-topic, and I am complicit in its continuity, but allow me to add the so-called Delta Variant has introduced another unknown variable to the pandemic.  I predict, since no one vaccine fits all, that we should all continue to wear masks when in crowded quarters and consider the likelihood of booster shots.   🐓

To be expected of a New Yorker. Were I a New Yorker, I believe I might feel that way too. I am ready and willing to take any booster shot, any time the medical field thinks it’s wise. But masks? Sorry, not for regular use ever again. I accept it for special places - like hospitals and aircraft. But then the population density where I live is probably 1/30th or less of where Quintus does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@VKurtB  My lung 🫁 function is very good.  But I can definitely sympathize with those who have asthma, COPD, the obese, and others experiencing breathing problems.  I take a long, stepped incline carefully. I will know in a few weeks whether my 4.2 cm has, for lack of a better word, "ballooned," or remains stable.  All the money 💰 in the world does one no good if you lack freedom of mobility or poor health.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 9:09 AM, Quintus Arrius said:

@VKurtB  My lung 🫁 function is very good.  But I can definitely sympathize with those who have asthma, COPD, the obese, and others experiencing breathing problems.  I take a long, stepped incline carefully. I will know in a few weeks whether my 4.2 cm has, for lack of a better word, "ballooned," or remains stable.  All the money 💰 in the world does one no good if you lack freedom of mobility or poor health.

I have my own chronic issues, but my “day to day howya feelin” health is still pretty good. The masks are not ever going to be okay again to me. Not as a steady diet. On Sunday, I’ll wear one from the instant I go into HSV until I exit ORD, but my expectation is that’ll be it until the following Sunday. If my M.D. tells me to get a Moderna booster on top of my Pfizer double jab, I’m okay with any of that. Due to my 2009 stroke, I can barely even feel right arm jabs, and I had ZERO side effects. The Moderna #2 kicked my wife like a mule.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/4/2021 at 12:26 PM, VKurtB said:

I have my own chronic issues, but my “day to day howya feelin” health is still pretty good. The masks are not ever going to be okay again to me. Not as a steady diet. On Sunday, I’ll wear one from the instant I go into HSV until I exit ORD, but my expectation is that’ll be it until the following Sunday. If my M.D. tells me to get a Moderna booster on top of my Pfizer double jab, I’m okay with any of that. Due to my 2009 stroke, I can barely even feel right arm jabs, and I had ZERO side effects. The Moderna #2 kicked my wife like a mule.

The #2 Moderna kicked me like a mule also. It bout ruined me for a few days. That's the sickest I've ever been. My wife had zero side effects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/5/2021 at 4:21 PM, James Zyskowski said:

Hopefully your feeling better. Dang dude sorry to hear that ! I had no reaction to the Moderna but late 2019 I got a flu shot and damn son I thought I was gunna die 8-9 days every kinda sick just never know. Hang in there 🙀🤓

I'm done over it. I got my second vaccine in early spring. It put me down for a few days. It was awful. When my wife got hers she didn't get sick at all. She must be alot tougher than me. Lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 8:43 PM, Hoghead515 said:

I'm done over it. I got my second vaccine in early spring. It put me down for a few days. It was awful. When my wife got hers she didn't get sick at all. She must be alot tougher than me. Lol. 

[I guess this is not a good time to say we may all need an additional "booster" shot depending on where this Delta variant takes us.  My wife and I both got the Pfizer, twice, and after a brief rest interval, were asked how we felt.  She told them the truth and said it hurt.  Both times.  I smiled and lied through my teeth saying, "I feel a whole lot better now than before I got the shot," and laughed.  Seriously, there is no one shot that fits all and those who've been vaccinated have gotten sick, but probably not as badly as they would have had they refused it.  The least anyone can do is get vaccinated and wear the mask when asked.  Eleven people in my 93-unit senior residence have died since the onset of the pandemic. No one, however, knows their official cause of death. Age, poor health, an already compromised immunity system?  I wish all who were affected a speedy recovery!]   🐓

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2021 at 12:43 PM, VKurtB said:

Yes, with paper / cardboard, that is almost unavoidable. 

 either that or I cant get that stupid glare out of my pucs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/6/2021 at 9:44 PM, Melissa6456 said:

 either that or I cant get that stupid glare out of my pucs

Little shards of paper, plus Mylar, plus static electricity. Presto! Don’t worry about glare outside the coin’s diameter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6