• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1922 High Relief Proof Peace Dollar ?

4 posts in this topic

Some guys talking about it in one of those Reddit channels.  Maybe Roger or another Peace Dollar expert wants to chime in ?

Edited by GoldFinger1969

Noticed this. The photos are not detailed enough to make a clear determination; however, the piece is consistent with other 1922 HR patterns that entered circulation. Multiple example were given to Jim Fraser, de Francisci and others. At the time none of the medal press proofs were considered anything more than examples to be shown for approval. same applies to the 1922 HR trial pieces (rev of 1921) and 1922 MR test run.

The thread ATS says the coin was sent for authentication, so we'll have to await the "redditt return reply."

Edited by RWB

On 3/6/2021 at 1:34 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:
Some guys talking about it in one of those Reddit channels.  Maybe Roger or another Peace Dollar expert wants to chime in ?

I can't seem to get your link to work.

2 hours ago, jtryka said:

I can't seem to get your link to work.

I had to go ATS, open the thread, then click the link there -- while standing on my head.

;)