• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020-W Weir Farm quarter
1 1

21 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Coinbuf said:

Nice find, for whatever reason the Wier Farm is the only W quarter that I have found in change this year myself.

I only found 1 2020 and it was the Sonoma bat quarter. I found a couple 2019 ones while back. Searched for a year and nothing. Then found 2 in one roll. 

On 2/23/2021 at 8:20 PM, RWB said:

Ironic that the caption "A National Park for Art" is on one of the most commonplace and ugly quarters -- nearly as bad as the Georgia state peach.

Really?  I think the Weir Farm is a nice looking coin. Congrats on the find!  

In my opinion, the ugliest quarter ever minted was the 2017 Effigy Mounds.  I mean Iowans no disrespect, I am sure the park itself is lovely.

Edited by The Neophyte Numismatist

Congrats on the find! I just went through a bank box of quarters this week and found nada/nil/zilch. I was ironically thinking if I spent the time working a minimum wage job for the same amount of time it takes to search I could buy them all much quicker. But the search is the fun. And when I’m on conference calls it’s a great past time to keep from falling asleep during the day 😂

Edited by Woods020

7 minutes ago, The Neophyte Numismatist said:

Really?  I think the Weir Farm is a nice looking coin. Congrats on the find!  

In my opinion, the ugliest quarter ever minted was the 2017 Effigy Mounds.  I mean Iowans no disrespect, I am sure the park itself is lovely.

I agree 100% on the Effigy Mound quarters. It looks like 3 big blobs on the back of it. Don't look like they even tried on that one. 

Thanks everyone,  there's a guy in the next town from me, and he has the 2020-W American Samoa. He wants to sell it to me, but keeps procrastinating. I'll give it some more time eventually he will say here take it. 

If you found it in a bank roll, go back to same bank and get more rolls to look through. Found  more than twenty from two banks here so far. Friends checking rolls from other banks here have found zero. One bank has rolls of Denvers and one has rolls of Phillys that are producing them for me here.

I didn’t realize the extent of the searchers for the privy mark. Ok I got sucked in. I first bought a roll of 2020 P Marsh Rockefeller and found none. Then I bought 100 mint coins 2020 D Tallgrass and again found none. Then I looked on EBay and found literally thousands of 2020 quarters. My 100 coins that cost me $41.00 sold after three weeks for $21. Lesson learned. Cheaper to go through bank rolls.

in disgust I just bought myself an MS64 privy quarter for $35 I’m done searching for more of those things, 

B9CA4F25-25FC-4AD7-B9CD-F6E19C6C99FC.jpeg

F42A72EB-E1ED-4DEC-AEEE-6F17B742AB85.jpeg

Edited by Mr.Bill347
Pics too big

13 hours ago, Mr.Bill347 said:

I didn’t realize the extent of the searchers for the privy mark. Ok I got sucked in. I first bought a roll of 2020 P Marsh Rockefeller and found none. Then I bought 100 mint coins 2020 D Tallgrass and again found none. Then I looked on EBay and found literally thousands of 2020 quarters. My 100 coins that cost me $41.00 sold after three weeks for $21. Lesson learned. Cheaper to go through bank rolls.

in disgust I just bought myself an MS64 privy quarter for $35 I’m done searching for more of those things, 

B9CA4F25-25FC-4AD7-B9CD-F6E19C6C99FC.jpeg

F42A72EB-E1ED-4DEC-AEEE-6F17B742AB85.jpeg

She's a beauty. The W quarter search can be ruthless sometimes. It's a really good feeling soon as you find the first. Either in a roll or get it back as change. I got hook on the search for them.  

I just found 2 doing a roll search but went thru 1600 quarters to find those 2 just because I am in a challenge and I am enjoying it. I don't know what I will do with them when the challenge ends. Important note is that I am enjoying the search and the banter on that thread.. 

Not enough of them around for everyone. I been looking every week starting New Years at different banks in my area these are all Tall Grass Prairie.

Maybe I will find some when I go down south this year but from the sound of everyone here it don't seem likely.

S20210321_0004.jpg

Edited by J P Mashoke