• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here know a reputable coin dealer around Modesto, Ca.?

5 posts in this topic

My step-dad is 81 yrs old. He's looking to sell his collection. I have no clue what he collected. I know he got stuck in to the novelty colored coin sets and stuff like that but he also has some silver, gold bullion, etc.... They are thinking of taking it to a place called Modesto Gold Jewelry and Coins. They said they have good reviews but when I look them up, the only reviews I find are people that have bought jewelry from them. They live in a town called Gustine. It's in the San Joaquin valley. I know they probably won't want to travel far but if anyone can help me on this, let me know. 

Thanks, Bobby 

Suggest avoiding any "coin" place that has the word "jewelry' in it's name. Look for the phrase "professional numismatist."

7 hours ago, RWB said:

Suggest avoiding any "coin" place that has the word "jewelry' in it's name. Look for the phrase "professional numismatist."

Yea I got a couple offers ATS to look at them. I'm just waiting now for some possible pics from mom. Lol