• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trading Post
2 2

28 posts in this topic

Why would we have to wait on NGC to create or add a "Trading Post" ? Couldn't we just start trading between willing members and use the market place thread after all barter is an accepted form of buying and selling isn't it ? I think anyone who wants to give it a try should start it and possibly more user/members would join in although it may be an invitation to Trolls. Caution would need to be exercised by all participants I would think. 

Question for Six Mile Rick: Any particular clad dime FT you are looking for ? What grades are you looking for ? Any specific MM ?

I would be all in as well. I’m looking for FB Mercs, preferably PCGS, in top grades for a registry set I’m building. I’m looking to get out of Morgan’s and Franklin Halves. Actually if anyone is looking to trade for Morgan’s or Franklin halves for anything interesting I’m potentially interested. I’ve kind of lost interest in those two sets I have. 

I'm not completely computer illiterate, but how would we set up the trading post? I was thinking that if NGC did it we would have a built in safety net. We would need two side by side lists, one for WANTED and one for TO TRADE. If it were done by country and then coin denomination it would be easier to correlate needs and wants.

12 minutes ago, LTMcCord said:

I'm not completely computer illiterate, but how would we set up the trading post? I was thinking that if NGC did it we would have a built in safety net. We would need two side by side lists, one for WANTED and one for TO TRADE. If it were done by country and then coin denomination it would be easier to correlate needs and wants.

I don't think NGC would back a trade between members, it would be a headache. It would have to be the trust system at best.
      It's not like people would be standing in front of each other and counting down 3...2...1 swap and then seeing what they got.(yes, images would be exchanged 1st on the internet...etc) and I can't see high ticket items being done this way either so perhaps limiting the coin swap/exchange to a numeric value...example ...less than $100 or whatever.
Overall ... Trust will be the factor.....but I see it as something that is feasible and I'd participate once things were made clearer.

I have a bunch of slabbed mid grade $60-$100 Morgan Dollars for trade.  If you are looking for a particular year and grade desired, let me know.  I collect proof issues, anything pre 1900.  I might be interested in an ancient.

I also have some higher end coins I might be willing to discuss trading.  I have some higher end seated quarters, Buffalo nickels and silver trimes that I have duplicates of.  

I am of firm belief of the honor system as well.  I don’t think NGC would want to monitor or govern such a system, though.

Chuck

OK here goes. I have a 1964 Canada silver dollar in NGC MS64, Pop 6/1. I would trade for another Canada silver dollar in MS65. Check my DADSCADS set to see what I don't have. I would also trade for Canada Loons, Toonies or Nickel dollars in MS69. 

On 2/19/2021 at 6:25 AM, Ray, USMC said:

Why would we have to wait on NGC to create or add a "Trading Post" ? Couldn't we just start trading between willing members and use the market place thread after all barter is an accepted form of buying and selling isn't it ? I think anyone who wants to give it a try should start it and possibly more user/members would join in although it may be an invitation to Trolls. Caution would need to be exercised by all participants I would think. 

Question for Six Mile Rick: Any particular clad dime FT you are looking for ? What grades are you looking for ? Any specific MM ?

I have a great set of clad Roosevelt's. As for your last offer on the 1996-W MS67FT I am looking for a MS68FT Top Pop. I will trade anything I have for TOP POP DIMES. 

I have a 2019 W Lowell in ms 65. PCGS if anyone is interested in it. Not looking for anything special. I just have duplicates of it and would be interested in anything of equal or slightly lesser value. Another slabbed coin. Polish_20210227_234839695.thumb.jpg.5d216f8c5d30fcae5f10e98bedcc116b.jpg

Edited by Hoghead515

OK, I’ll try one.  I have a 1945-P Jefferson nickel, NGC MS-67 in a recent edge-view slab.  It is the only regular issue coin in my War Mickel set that is in an edge-view, so I would like to swap it for a 1945-P, NGC MS-67 in an older, non- edge view holder.  Any interest?

11 hours ago, LTMcCord said:

To CBC: I don't have a 45P in my set. Would you be interested in another coin, or in selling yours? Larry

Thanks, but I’m only looking for a 45-P in an older slab in trade for mine.  

Certainly we are all winging it here and there needs to be some organization. I agree with what bsshog40 is saying. There has to be someone on this forum with organizational skills to set it up. That would not be me. I believe given the right structure it would be beneficial to all collectors new and seasoned alike. Long time collectors find themselves with duplicates as they improve their collections as do newbies which presents an opportunity to trade out or up. Don't know the best way to set it up but I would definitely participate. Just my opinion. 

I am looking to straight swap/trade my extra Denver mint coins that I have in 2x2's for Philadelphia minted cents, nickels, dimes, quarters. 2014-D and newer. I do not find Philadelphia minted coins here in southern California in good condition. The coins I have submitted for grading come back MS65-66 and these extras are in that grade range.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:25 AM, Ray, USMC said:

Any that I don't have in Top Pop :)  ----- https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/247280/