• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 D small date copper Penny

28 posts in this topic

This 1982 D small date copper penny is rare and there has only been 1 other found. It sold August,3 2017 at Auction for $18,800 

This coin is worth more than 1 cent

Even with the blurry picture I can see zinc bubbles.  Worth 1 cent.  Interestingly, the last time one of the 1982 D small date copper cents sold, it was way down.  I think around $8,000.  

12 hours ago, AliciaB said:

I'm anxious to know the value of this coin! 

The coin you have on the scale is a large date and is worth $.01.   The first coin you posted is a small date zinc coin also worth $.01.

I have 6 1982 pennies. I originally posted the small date penny but after weighing it I knew it wasn't copper. The 2nd penny that is on the scale is a copper penny. 

Edited by AliciaB

Hi everyone newbie here. Was curios one day when I found a 1968 s penny that was thicker and shinier and we'll defined compared to my other change. I than went down the rabbit hole and cant stop checking every single coin I find now. With that said I recently found a 1982 d penny not sure if it's a small date or not but I weighed it and it weighs 3.1 grams. Can someone tell me if this is the right penny to have and direct me in what I should do next. I'll attach the 1968 penny that got me started as well. Thank you in advance. 

20210218_011130.jpg

20210218_011118.jpg

20210218_011332.jpg

20210218_011340.jpg