• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Compact Slab Storage

2 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I've seen a number of messages about ways to store certified coins without getting the holders scuffed through contact with one another. While the plastic boxes put out by the grading services work well in this regard, they don't always accommodate all brands. When I need to mix brands and get a lot of slabs in a compact space I use an Intercept Shield box with playing cards inserted between the slabs. I can't guarantee that the cards don't put out some kind of contaminant, but I've had no problems thus far.

Slab box s.jpg

Being an overcompensating sort, I use the Intercept boxes and put the slabs in Intercept lined coin slab baggies.  It might be overkill but I've lived in some interesting places.  Love the intercept boxes though.  And the single row ones designed for baseball cards work great too.