• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Counterfeit Slab with a CAC
1 1

4 posts in this topic

This is running ATS and is very interesting.  I myself can't decide but some of the folks over there say it's a definite fake.  And that is scary.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1049030/this-is-the-first-counterfeit-slab-with-cac-sticker-i-have-seen#latest

I am wanting to say that I was watching the ANA seminar on counterfeit coins and the question of fake green beans came up and they said that CAC hasn’t run into that problem yet. Looks like that may not be the case anymore. Scary stuff, but I would probably never buy anything from Hungary anyway.

1 hour ago, Lem E said:

I am wanting to say that I was watching the ANA seminar on counterfeit coins and the question of fake green beans came up and they said that CAC hasn’t run into that problem yet. Looks like that may not be the case anymore. Scary stuff, but I would probably never buy anything from Hungary anyway.

I would.  If it was good enough for Borat to spend time in, it's good enough for me.