• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black rerto Holders and 100th Anniversary label

4 posts in this topic

So I have been thinking.  I was going through my safe and came across the gold Standing Liberty Quarter and Walking Liberty Half and i started to think to myself.  I bet these would look good in the black core holder and anniversary label.  I have the Merc in a PCGS holder but i would cross that so that they all look like a set.  Just looking for opinions if ya'll think this would be cool or just a waste of time and money??

From an aesthetic standpoint gold coins do look great in a black insert holder, so if you want to spend the money and have all three put into the black retro holder style they would look great all together.  From a personal standpoint I am not one to bother with special labels or (new/retro) holders as I would rather spend my budget on a new coin rather than a new holder.  I would love to find an original black NGC holder for my collection of old holders.

Problem is the black retro holders still use the prongs and the gap between the coin and the black insert does detract from the appearnce they had in the original black holders.