• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a 1906 25th anniversary MEDAL (with ribbon holder) that i am unable to identify. 1906 25th anniversary of Auguste Victoria and Kaiser Wilhelm II
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Have a 1906 25th anniversary MEDAL (with ribbon holder) that i am unable to identify. 1906 25th anniversary of Auguste Victoria and Kaiser Wilhelm II

Haven't been able to really ID it yet. Came from my Grandmother who immigrated from Germany about 1906 so think it is real. Can You help me verify?

IMG-0171.jpg

IMG-0170.jpg

I have been unable to find any representation of this medal on google images, or ebay or NGC. Reverse translates to " to commemorate the celebration of the silver wedding 1881-1906" medal appears to be bronze in excellent condition but I have no idea if I should get it graded by NGC or not. Grandmother immigrated from Germany in 1906. Although this medal was a common commemortive, if it is so common, why can't I find one anywhere?

One similar on EBAY but different reverse and Auguste Victoria has a crown on the EBAY coin (last Picture) seller asking $50 but nowhere as nice.IMG-0316.thumb.jpg.a2e66f8b0b8f425a55cdf299d96ca046.jpg

IMG-0317.jpg

1906A.jpg

Hi,

Here is one offered currently on E-Bay for $15.00. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GERMAN-MEDAL-25TH-ANNIVERSARY-VICTORIA-WILLIAM-II-1881-1903-28MM-BWC1045/193295066025?hash=item2d0148a3a9:g:50QAAOSwhbZeGOpw

It looks to be in the same condition as the one you have.

If you go to ebay italy and type in "1906 Wilhelm medaglia", you will find allot of them for sale between 9-19 euros + international shipping (runs $15.00).

I have one of these too. I have seen them selling for $50. I just encapsulated mine. And don't think it is worth grading. Also my Grandmother immigrated from Germany in 1906 so I intend to hang on to it. Thank For jogging my memory.

These were quite common and meant to be worn as a Brooch and probably had a ribbon it that wore away a long time ago.

IMG-0652.jpg

IMG-0651.jpg