• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 W V75 Eagle UNDERGRADED

63 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Ray, USMC said:

Maybe you didn't understand the question, all those words and not one 'yes' or 'no' ,seems simple enough. If you don't like them then why use them ? I also think you meant pandemic not Plandemic is this correct ?

Let's put it this way, I won't be taking any Vaccine 

I'm accusing them of screwing up my orders in the Rona and not Communicating with me to get my issues resolved, Closing the doors and running inside the hen house

Edited by NevadaS&G

Thread definitely got derailed, I apologize for opening a can of worms, I just wanted to vent and show others the coins, obviously no one can possibly grade a coin via photographs. Look, I don't want to get rich from selling coins on ebay, just want to offset what I'm buying and anything new with a 69 grade might as well put it in the book. I always thought the grading guidelines was to start every coin at a 70 and start subtracting for flaws.....WITH A 5 POWER MAGNIFICATION !!!

I think these guys are using a 20 power because I am unable to find anything, and since there is no explanation I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. There I go ranting again, bad Ed.

Maybe, just maybe, after grading so many coins in a day by the end of the day they may look a bit fuzzy....just sayin'

6 minutes ago, Edward Plato said:

Thread definitely got derailed, I apologize for opening a can of worms, I just wanted to vent and show others the coins, obviously no one can possibly grade a coin via photographs. Look, I don't want to get rich from selling coins on ebay, just want to offset what I'm buying and anything new with a 69 grade might as well put it in the book. I always thought the grading guidelines was to start every coin at a 70 and start subtracting for flaws.....WITH A 5 POWER MAGNIFICATION !!!

I think these guys are using a 20 power because I am unable to find anything, and since there is no explanation I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. There I go ranting again, bad Ed.

Maybe, just maybe, after grading so many coins in a day by the end of the day they may look a bit fuzzy....just sayin'

You asked a legit question. It's not your fault if someone sends your thread south on their own issues.

4 hours ago, Edward Plato said:

if you are pinning your hopes on a point you are going to be very disappointed in this hobby.. And Nevada is a funny guy.. He Has no actual grading experience and only collects slabs but he does have a used car salesman vibe thats very endearing if you are a sucker that way..:roflmao:

On 1/26/2021 at 1:56 PM, Edward Plato said:

One thing you need to understand is that for the majority of the years of third party grading, “70” was an idea only; there were no 70 grades in practice. Now we have people expecting 70’s. By the way, the highest actual real grade used to be 65.

3 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

One thing you need to understand is that for the majority of the years of third party grading, “70” was an idea only; there were no 70 grades in practice. Now we have people expecting 70’s. By the way, the highest actual real grade used to be 65.

Maybe this was before Ebay, not sure, but it sure makes making a buck extremely difficult. Case in point the above coins, the 70 will sell for above 500, the 69 will go for low 300's. I'm not in it for the money, just like to offset my purchases. Not only that, how can anyone hope for young kids to get involved in the hobby, totally cost prohibitive, one frivolous charge after another. I am getting off point here, just someone please explain to me what service can be attained without an explanation of services rendered...anything at all ??

A doctor will explain why you are sick, a mechanic why your car is dying, the list goes on, all except for the prima donnas!!

2 minutes ago, Edward Plato said:

Maybe this was before Ebay, not sure, but it sure makes making a buck extremely difficult. Case in point the above coins, the 70 will sell for above 500, the 69 will go for low 300's. I'm not in it for the money, just like to offset my purchases. Not only that, how can anyone hope for young kids to get involved in the hobby, totally cost prohibitive, one frivolous charge after another. I am getting off point here, just someone please explain to me what service can be attained without an explanation of services rendered...anything at all ??

A doctor will explain why you are sick, a mechanic why your car is dying, the list goes on, all except for the prima donnas!!

Making a buck is SUPPOSED TO BE extremely difficult, but then you’re not in it for the money, right? But you know all the current prices. Yeah. Kids aren’t the target market for slabbed coins at all, nor should they be. My wife’s going in for lisfranc injury surgery tomorrow, and the first two surgeons we spoke to offered nothing other than “you need to be off this for 12 weeks after I’m done cutting”. Ever hear of the WEDGE system? It’s an acronym. It stands for “We Experts Don’t Give Explanations”. It lives every freaking where.

More prima donnas, they should run for office.

I do know the prices on the items I want to focus on, I can't afford to lose focus, might start buying something really expensive. The grading dilemma I have presented will not go away, goes back to simple supply and demand. Once the consumer gets tired of the bull and stops buying things will change. My best bet for peace of mind is going back to the books, forget the slabs.

1 hour ago, Edward Plato said:

My best bet for peace of mind is going back to the books, forget the slabs

I got a stack of Dansco's and Whitmans and noone will even give them a look see..  There are some really good coins in thier and the 2X2 notebooks  :( 

13 hours ago, VKurtB said:

That was true.  Then suddenly the TPG's began grading those coins from back when the best anyone could get was 65  and the rare 67, but now all these 68, 69 and 70's appear.  What 30 years ago everyone cherrypicked their coins and only sent in the dogs?  Or maybe, just maybe, standards changed.

11 hours ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Perhaps you should have spent some of the money you have given NGC on a dictionary.  

I figured you were into the Mat Smith Dr Who avatar he was kickin..

Not so much the karenesque whine of his post.. I coulda been wrong though...:roflmao:

Edited by MAULEMALL

On 1/30/2021 at 3:33 AM, BearlyHereBear said:

I just wish I could get graded.  My V75 arrived Dec 8th and was "received" 12/22.  My Grading / Quality Control has been going on ever since.  So much for a 15 day turn around.

Update:I aso submitted a Texas Centennial .50 for "Modern" grading and that is holding up my coins.

53 minutes ago, BearlyHereBear said:

Update:I aso submitted a Texas Centennial .50 for "Modern" grading and that is holding up my coins.

Doh!

On 1/24/2021 at 12:57 PM, EdG_Ohio said:

This I can understand as someone still trying to grasp the process of grading. I can understand the value and purpose of being graded by a TPG and it's intent but I can't understand why a very brief explanation can't be given.
Does the TPGs have 1000 coin a day evaluations to perform with 10-20-100 people ? Does their workload prevent them for doing so or is it simply a matter of practice?
I'll mostly likely send coins in for evaluation but it would be great to have a base idea of WHAT THEY SEE that I do not to avoid getting that lower grade or the :censored: "Details" designation.

I just reported a PF70 from the Mayflower set with a gashed “Y” in Mayflower and they graded it a PF70 and you can see the gash in the picture on EBAY (so I didn’t buy the coin).  I also question how they grade. Also how can these ww2 coins get a first day of issue? They we for sale on one day and sold out in less than 2 hours. Any major dealer couldn’t possibly buy 25 coins on first day it was 1 per customer. But some dealers had 25 coins with a FDOI. only dealers can get a FDOI. 

On 1/25/2021 at 11:13 AM, NevadaS&G said:

NGC is usually on point, PCGS on the other hand is taking your coins home and grading them. It explains why my 1889 Morgan got swapped out with a lesser coin. Sending in something worth 20K or more and the Swap happens. Cost of living in California is Extreme. Desperate times call for Desperate Measures.

What about ANACS ? 

8 hours ago, ldhall said:

What about ANACS ? 

Well Technically I'm not supposed to be here, but I've been dealt the Worlds Largest Massive Burn from the Covidiot Thieves in Cali, It didn't matter that i go thru all my coins with 50x mag, memorize every detail, and get back something like I did. I have a few coins at Anacs and 10-11 at ngc right now. The internet is buzzing with similar stories. RICO ON PCGS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

Edited by SomeguyoutWest

1 hour ago, SomeguyoutWest said:

Well Technically I'm not supposed to be here, but I've been dealt the Worlds Largest Massive Burn from the Covidiot Thieves in Cali, It didn't matter that i go thru all my coins with 50x mag, memorize every detail, and get back something like I did. I have a few coins at Anacs and 10-11 at ngc right now. The internet is buzzing with similar stories. RICO ON PCGS IS WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

50X is of no value for grading. This alone shows you don't have the skills to understand grading. 

Sorry but don’t fret too much. Having a p69 w privy eagle is great and worth way more than you paid for it. I took a load of Eagle Proofs to a dealer and he told me 90% of proof coins don’t make p70. If you don’t want it, I’ll buy it off of you for $70.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, VKurtB said:

Doh!

They need to somehow simplify their submission forms. It’s like tax forms. They make the determination anyway. Seems like it’s just a way to inflate grading prices. I know my comment may not be popular and I can only guess how difficult a job this must be. Example walk through, standard, premium, economy etc. and you have to guess on the quality and estimated amount. Nonetheless, I trust NGC to make the right call.