• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2020 W V75 Eagle UNDERGRADED

63 posts in this topic

Well, they got me again, safe to say it will be the last time, ready to move on to greener pastures. I sent both of these coins out at the same time, after going thru a major fiasco with the US mint's website, and of course they took awhile to get back, which by the way I have absolutely no problem with that. When they did return I see 2 different grades, OUCH. I have stared at these 2 coins with all types of magnification and cannot see any difference at all. Of course there never is any explanation for the grading, just there it is, take it or leave it. I am already paying extra for additional services such as holders, labels, expedited shipping, what's next. At this point might as well charge me extra and supply an explanation of the grading. Anyhow, I'm done venting, and done here.

2020 69 1.jpg

2020 69 obverse 2.jpg

2020 69 reverse 3.jpg

2020 70 obv 4.jpg

2020 70 obverse 5.jpg

2020 70 reverse 6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Edward Plato said:

At this point might as well charge me extra and supply an explanation of the grading.

This I can understand as someone still trying to grasp the process of grading. I can understand the value and purpose of being graded by a TPG and it's intent but I can't understand why a very brief explanation can't be given.
Does the TPGs have 1000 coin a day evaluations to perform with 10-20-100 people ? Does their workload prevent them for doing so or is it simply a matter of practice?
I'll mostly likely send coins in for evaluation but it would be great to have a base idea of WHAT THEY SEE that I do not to avoid getting that lower grade or the :censored: "Details" designation.

You are aware, I trust, that the difference between PR-69 and PR-70 is one tiny flaw (lack thereof in the case of 70) that can be detected with a 5x loupe? I'm not automatically endorsing the grades you got, but I would like to make the point that the difference is minute and that it's entirely possible you could have missed something the grader did not. I do agree that grading notes would be a reasonable thing to offer.

TPGs provided an opinion of condition for a fee. It's not perfect and it's not precisely repeatable.

Edited by RWB

I think your lucky not to receive 2 69 grades, maybe its the photo but I see two very light milk spots in the rays on the one that graded as a 70.   And as to the 69 example there appears to be a small nick on the right breast as well as a small spot just under the L of Liberty, again perhaps its the photo and/or a reflection just noting what I see.

Coinbuf, thanks, you scared me !! Luckily the spots are on the case, not the coins. I do agree with other comments, a 69 is a pretty nice coin, and if it was a 1950 Franklin I would love it, but not something fresh out of the mint, which again I know there is no guarantee. I suspect the big players who send in the monster boxes maybe get back 60 to 70 % perfect grades, again I feel an explanation is warranted. Admittedly I am not even small potatoes to these graders, maybe someday that will change. I hear time and time again how "conservative" they are, I absolutely do not want that; give me accurate. Someday technology will take over the grading process, in the meantime they are literally rolling in the dough.

NGC is usually on point, PCGS on the other hand is taking your coins home and grading them. It explains why my 1889 Morgan got swapped out with a lesser coin. Sending in something worth 20K or more and the Swap happens. Cost of living in California is Extreme. Desperate times call for Desperate Measures.

Edited by NevadaS&G

34 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

NGC is usually on point, PCGS on the other hand is taking your coins home and grading them. It explains why my 1889 Morgan got swapped out with a lesser coin. Sending in something worth 20K or more and the Swap happens. Cost of living in California is Extreme. Desperate times call for Desperate Measures.

claiming they swapped your 20K coin for a lesser coin is dangerous unless you have solid proof. 

19 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

I know quite a few people that were scammed out of something Really Big recently, don't lecture me.

Not lecturing, Senior, but those giants you tilted sure look like windmills to the rest of us

2 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

So let me get this straight.  You are accusing PCGS of felony theft?  Yes or no answer.

Edited by Morpheus1967

6 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

So let me get this straight.  You are accusing PCGS of felony theft?  Yes or no answer.

I have no faith in that Company during the Plandemic, that entire State, and PCGS's Employees. I can smell their stench in Nevada ! 

You would have to show me Camera footage of my box being opened in receiving, a robot removing my coin and immediately scanning it. Anything less than that I would accuse them of Felony Theft. Yes

1 hour ago, Moxie15 said:

Well, you missed the point entirely, didn't you?

We are talking about my 89 only, so No I haven't missed any points. The 89 i sent came back as something I never sent in. I had a Windmill 89 lying around in my house and now I magically have 2 Windmill 89's when I purposely sent the much better of the two coins out first. When I got it back I cracked it open and was like wait a second now I have 2 lames. Something happened to my good example. They were night and day differences.