• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Copper quarter? is something like this good to be graded?

14 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Jca78 said:

Nope, I found it on a coin roll search. It has damage, but the color on the coin with no clad i found very interesting. 

Just because you found this in a roll of quarters does not mean this quarter came straight from the US Mint. Most rolls are just quarters thrown together by someone and then sells them back to the bank. 

15 hours ago, Woods020 said:

That was a metal detector find. I dabble in that and find a bunch that look like this. 

7 hours ago, bsshog40 said:

Just because you found this in a roll of quarters does not mean this quarter came straight from the US Mint. Most rolls are just quarters thrown together by someone and then sells them back to the bank. 

I never claimed anything other than just asked. Some of you are rough...hahahaha

2 hours ago, Jca78 said:

I never claimed anything other than just asked. Some of you are rough...hahahaha

I didn't mean it harshly! Sorry if it was taken that way. Only explaining what most people will find in rolls. 

13 hours ago, tejas1836 said:

is something like this good to be graded?"

NO

This.

5 hours ago, Jca78 said:

I didn’t mean to be rough on you either. I have asked way simpler questions so I have no room to be rough on anyone. I just know the look of these because I dig them up often and it’s distinct. If you go to a park near a concession stand with a metal detector you will learn this look quickly haha. In fact there is a chance I put this one in a roll and took it to my bank and it found it’s way to you. 

I can’t see the date on the first one. Is it a 54 or 74? If it’s a 54 it’s still a good find because of the silver content. If it’s a 74 use it. 

I've dug up several like that also. They turn that color when they have been buried. Someone dug it up, cleaned it off, and put it back into circulation. Ive put several back in circulation like that. 

Edited by Hoghead515