• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending in bulk US Mint ...
1 1

5 posts in this topic

If a person purchases bulk coins from U.S. Mint, company or a individual is it best to leave in the sealed container from the Mint or do TPGs asked they be individually sent ?
    I'd think less touching the better but I know some here do this regularly and I'm curious what they do. The NGC site, https://www.ngccoin.com/submit/how-to-package/, seems to only talk about raw single coin submissions.
Thanks
...and yeah I bought some, older and newer...haha

OK, I need better reading comprehension skills....just saw this on site ..."Bulk submissions do not need to be submitted in non-PVC plastic flips. These may be submitted in original rolls or other packaging."

Edited by EdG_Ohio
cuz me can't read

Well it would also depend on the bulk of coins you bought, how would you know whats worthy to submit if you don't examine them. I bought 20 1923 peace dollars BU and i would only submit one thought to be in MS65 or higher maybe 64 on the other hand i bought 20 1971-1976 Eisenhower halves  40% silver proofs in beautiful condition and I wouldn’t submit any due to cost vs value. Hope that helps 

Edited by coinstudentdeadeye

Do you have the ability to submit bulk orders?  Per the NGC submission instructions you must be an authorized dealer or Elite Collectors Society member to submit bulk orders.

1 hour ago, Coinbuf said:

Do you have the ability to submit bulk orders?  Per the NGC submission instructions you must be an authorized dealer or Elite Collectors Society member to submit bulk orders.

I guess I should state that a "bulk" submission for me would be no more than 50 and not near the 100 requested by NGC and PCGS.
....and yes I saw the requirements to submit in that quantity.
Thanks.

On 1/16/2021 at 5:26 PM, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Well it would also depend on the bulk of coins you bought, how would you know whats worthy to submit if you don't examine them. I bought 20 1923 peace dollars BU and i would only submit one thought to be in MS65 or higher maybe 64 on the other hand i bought 20 1971-1976 Eisenhower halves  40% silver proofs in beautiful condition and I wouldn’t submit any due to cost vs value. Hope that helps 

I would never consider sending in bulk older coins without prior evaluation, this is for New and/or never opened sealed U.S. Mint coins.
Thanks.