• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1960 D penny

4 posts in this topic

Here's a bunch of info for you... We would need MUCH sharper pictures to make fairly accurate grading guesses. But even the people here who are more expert than I am aren't always right on the money with our guesses.

From your current photos (and you only need to post one clear one of each side for us) it does look nice. By the way you do have a nice sharp photo of the obverse there so good job on that!

But, I believe I'm seeing slight wear from circulation which would place it in the AU category rather than anywhere in the MS. Look at his cheek and the edge of his suit and bowtie. MS can have marks from other coins but can't have any wear from actual circulation.

Also this looks like a 1960 Large date which doesn't exist graded above MS67+.

You would be looking at some retirement money if yours were an MS70 :-)

Not to pile on but even with your less than perfect photos it is very clear that this coin has a 0% chance of a perfect grade, its not even a slam dunk mint state coin.