• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2005 D Roosevelt Dime

43 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

There are no RPMs on United States coins after 1990, because the mintmarks have been included in the master dies for each mint since that time. Any doubling on the mintmark would be the result of a DDO, but the photos are too blurry to determine that.

1 hour ago, DWLange said:

There are no RPMs on United States coins after 1990, because the mintmarks have been included in the master dies for each mint since that time. Any doubling on the mintmark would be the result of a DDO, but the photos are too blurry to determine that.

Even for mint sets? I have about ten of these Dimes. They all show doubling on the mint, only this one shows that ghost D. Anyway i sent it to get graded we shall see. 

59 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Even for mint sets? I

You should listen to DW what you are probably seeing is die deterioration....

Just now, JT2 said:

I am not saying he is wrong nor i am right im simply saying my coins resemble doubling around the mintmarks and i sent one to get graded by a professional to see what the results may be. I shouldn’t have to take opinion as fact. He could very well be right id just rather get it graded considering i have about 12 more. 

7 minutes ago, JT2 said:

Thats why i hardly seek opinions in forums people always think your some rookie that should have to listen. I know enough to know everyone is just giving their own point of view on these mint errors, that is all . 

1 minute ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

I shouldn’t have to take opinion as fact. He could very well be right id just rather get it graded considering i have about 12 more. 

Mr Lange's statement is not an opinion. It is a fact. It isn't a point of view. It is the result of actually learning about the coining process. Do some research into how dies are made, especially how the process was changed in 1990/91, and again in 1994, for circulation strikes - including mint set coins. If you read up on it, you will understand why your coin could not have a Re-Punched Mint mark. It could be a doubled die, but the pictures are too fuzzy to make that call.

2 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Mr Lange's statement is not an opinion. It is a fact. It isn't a point of view. It is the result of actually learning about the coining process. Do some research into how dies are made, especially how the process was changed in 1990/91, and again in 1994, for circulation strikes - including mint set coins. If you read up on it, you will understand why your coin could not have a Re-Punched Mint mark. It could be a doubled die, but the pictures are too fuzzy to make that call.

How bout you digress a bit. These are mint sets, so i asked him, even on mint sets? He did not reply so how could you even possibly know what im referring too when i say opinion, do you even have a clue if this coin existed before i posted it and you wanna tell me what to think about it. Stop playing with me man. 

5 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

How bout you digress a bit. These are mint sets, so i asked him, even on mint sets? He did not reply so how could you even possibly know what im referring too when i say opinion, do you even have a clue if this coin existed before i posted it and you wanna tell me what to think about it. Stop playing with me man. 

1999 – The U.S. Mint used the old hubbing equipment to create the SBA dollar coins needed late in the year and for collector proof sets. A couple of nice doubled die obverses are known for the 1999-P proof SBA.

these are the type of things that play a factor we cannot just accept someone elses thruth we must seek our own even if you turn out to be wrong. So i sent it to get graded boo hoo. And just to let you know i do my research more than you could ever imagine. So please dont over state your thoughts on me please. 

3 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

It's soo funny that newbies come here to ask opinions, don't care to listen to the opinions and then preach to everyone about how they know more about coins than the people they are asking opinions from!!

Whats funny is that you think your opinion is more than it actually is it states your a volunteer not a professional grader. This forum might be a big part of your life than it could ever possibly be for me, so i understand your need to preserve your status here or for your buddies or whom ever. Thats the real joke here, volunteer 😂

33 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

1999 – The U.S. Mint used the old hubbing equipment to create the SBA dollar coins needed late in the year and for collector proof sets. A couple of nice doubled die obverses are known for the 1999-P proof SBA.

Please explain to me how this relates to the possibility of a coin minted in 2005 having a re-punched mint mark.

1 minute ago, Just Bob said:

Please explain to me how this relates to the possibility of a coin minted in 2005 having a re-punched mint mark.

Well if you don’t see a correlation then it would be a waste of time trying to explain it. You cannot make the blind see. Nor do i try im not a volunteer. I had one question about a coin and this is the end result. If i was NGC i would really consider what to do about these type of atmospheres that really seem toxic. Its a shame you and your buddys think this forum is their personal playground to dictate opinions. Ill leave it at that. 

17 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Im out here grading coins your out here volunteering your opinions. Don’t be mad a rookie can be superior to you. Just know im not your average or typical while your out trying to make ends meet im eating sleeping  devoted to these coins I’ve established myself in real society to not have to work and i could enjoy my hobby as i please i dabble in coins you wish you could obtain i dont wait for the weekend to choose one coin. And then bring it here to show it off. Please know who you are trying to see eye to eye with. Dont judge me based off your limits. Kinda pathetic you felt the need to join the conversation. But hey i get it..

Well another NEWBIE to put on my ignore list!! LMAO

Edited by bsshog40

30 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

your opinion is more than it actually is it states your a volunteer not a professional grader

Well I would not call us volunteers.  We are collectors and hobiest for some of us quite a few years.  However mister Lange IS a Professional and this is his job to know these type things.  Thanks for asking and you are welcome for the very many years of expirence that a few of these memeber have givin you.

2 minutes ago, JT2 said:

Well I would not call us volunteers.  We are collectors and hobiest for some of us quite a few years.  However mister Lange IS a Professional and this is his job to know these type things.  Thanks for asking and you are welcome for the very many years of expirence that a few of these memeber have givin you.

Maybe they should work on being more open minded and not just think robotically and impose their opinions upon the ones who simply want different opinions which is the point and basis of a thread. As oppose to hearing one person and closing out every other possibility and stop thinking for yourself. No thank you. 

1 minute ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Maybe they should work on being more open minded and not just think robotically and impose their opinions upon the ones who simply want different opinions which is the point and basis of a thread. As oppose to hearing one person and closing out every other possibility and stop thinking for yourself. No thank you. 

It's actually funny that you know soo much about coins but you are asking if your coin was an RPM. Hand punching mint marks ended in 1989. Your coin is a 2005 which was made with a die!

31 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Im out here grading coins your out here volunteering your opinions. Don’t be mad a rookie can be superior to you. Just know im not your average or typical while your out trying to make ends meet im eating sleeping  devoted to these coins I’ve established myself in real society to not have to work and i could enjoy my hobby as i please i dabble in coins you wish you could obtain i dont wait for the weekend to choose one coin. And then bring it here to show it off. Please know who you are trying to see eye to eye with. Dont judge me based off your limits. Kinda pathetic you felt the need to join the conversation. But hey i get it..

wow

6 minutes ago, JT2 said:

And just so you dont put words in my mouth i never went against Mr. Lange or said he was wrong. I asked him a question and then explained my route towards finding my answer. The reason for my question was for an opinion that and only that. It was you and whomever they are that came and wanted to stir up controversy. 

3 minutes ago, coinstudentdeadeye said:

Do you even realize who Mr. Lange is?  Take a look under his user name.  If that doesn't help, take a look at this link.  Scroll down a bit.  And then maybe re-think your attitude.

David Lange