• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1956 steel penny

10 posts in this topic

Hello! Am kind of excited I was going through some penny rolls this morning and I found this pink penny My first thought was to remove the paint so I let it soak on ketchup for 4 hours and with a tooth brush zI started to cleaned and is a steel penny from 1956! I stop cleaning because I don’t want to damage it! Any idea on how to remove the paint?

FE1ECD25-05A2-45B3-B8C3-E42A7390F91E.jpeg

BE3EFAC8-F0AB-43A8-BA7B-A35B46F12643.jpeg

I don't know what the crapulation is, that light green stuff, but the chances of that being a steel cent are right up there with my chances of getting pregnant.

17 minutes ago, JKK said:

I don't know what the crapulation is, that light green stuff, but the chances of that being a steel cent are right up there with my chances of getting pregnant.

I don’t really know that much about coins or planchets or years that can be possible either than if a guy  can get pregnant I just go through for boxes of coins a day and from you tube videos and you guys I been learning! Thanks to all of you for you help! If I knew before that collecting coins was this fun I would have started 20 years ago!

30 minutes ago, Juanda7777 said:

I don’t really know that much about coins or planchets or years that can be possible either than if a guy  can get pregnant I just go through for boxes of coins a day and from you tube videos and you guys I been learning! Thanks to all of you for you help! If I knew before that collecting coins was this fun I would have started 20 years ago!

I think it's great that you are collecting and going through coins, don't get me wrong. Life as an editor has taught me to be blunt, though, and I think it is the kindest way and the most respectful in that it doesn't talk down. I figure anyone able to ask the question is ready to hear an honest answer.

I'm not saying it couldn't be steel. What I will say is that if it were, it would be a seismic event from a discovery standpoint, like finding a handwritten letter from George Washington in the floorboards of an old house. That, I think, is about as probable as my theoretical pregnancy.