• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Credit Card
2 2

61 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, JT2 said:

VKurtB  good to see ya back.... i guess the hangover from that game is wearing off by now?

No alcohol was involved. I had become a Big Ten Conference fan when Penn State joined. Old habits die hard. Bama is a wonderful program, and fun to watch, but if Bama and Penn State ever went head-to-head again, well..., I dunno. I worked 12 years for the Pennsylvania General Assembly, after all. I'm requesting an Alabama license tag for my car that acknowledges my Penn State loyalty.

Edited by VKurtB

Well I went and talked to bank and they took that overdraw charge off and gave me that fee back. They are not going to hold it against me since it was the first time. They are a great bank to work with. 

8 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

talked to bank and they took that overdraw charge off and gave me that fee back.

That is awesome...  funnyt thing i had another invoice show up last night.........iguess they are just months behind.  i was thinking about send out another submission today but..................

9 minutes ago, JT2 said:

That is awesome...  funnyt thing i had another invoice show up last night.........iguess they are just months behind.  i was thinking about send out another submission today but..................

I think im gonna use a check from now on. I don't like over drawing my bank. Be different if I had plenty of money but we live from paycheck to paycheck. Sometimes my account gets down there a little bit low. 

1 minute ago, Hoghead515 said:

Be different if I had plenty of money but we live from paycheck to paycheck. Sometimes my account gets down there a little bit low. 

I would have to ask my wife...  I dont have an account :( but at 50 hrs a week i thik i should atleast have a couple of lincolns to rub together??   maybe one day when i grow up and be responsible hehehhee   

1 minute ago, JT2 said:

maybe one day when i grow up and be responsible hehehhee   

It took me a few years. Old lady tells me I'm still like a kid though but I've come a long way. 

3 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Hoghead did you call NGC?  It's just really strange all these unexpected invoices show up at the same time.  Like I said, I got the charge reversed with them.  

I haven't yet. They was closed when I got in from work. I don't get enough time during work to call. I just get on here a chat a little when the boss is no looking. Ill try them in morning while I'm off. 

Edited by Hoghead515

37 minutes ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Hoghead did you call NGC?  It's just really strange all these unexpected invoices show up at the same time.  Like I said, I got the charge reversed with them.  

What were the charges for? Shipping? The handling charge? A wrongly calculated fee? I'm thinking of sending my first piece to NCS (a Swiss modern "mit Schmutz") and I want to avoid errors.

Edited by VKurtB

9 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

What were the charges for? Shipping? The handling charge? A wrongly calculated fee? I'm thinking of sending my first piece to NCS (a Swiss modern "mit Schmutz") and I want to avoid errors.

It never said. It just showed 2 submission numbers and so much of a charge for each one. The ones I sent in were both the v75s. The ASE and medal. 

Edited by Hoghead515

14 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

What were the charges for? Shipping? The handling charge? A wrongly calculated fee?

Mine were for NCS fees on PF silver halves.........

On 1/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, VKurtB said:

On mine, I actually have no idea.  The invoice was originally for a no charge reholder.  The invoice doesn't state what the charge was for.  

Edited by Morpheus1967
Typo

On 1/14/2021 at 5:15 AM, MarkFeld said:

I wouldn’t assume it’s an unauthorized transaction. There might be language authorizing such charges as part of the membership and/or submission agreement that was signed by the submitter. But either way, I think it would make a lot more sense to discuss it with NGC first.

I would agree with this statement, while still very bad service by not giving a heads up. But it could very likely be an insurance adjustment or shipping fee adjustment that just carried over to the him which is indeed an authorized transaction. 

It was where they charged to send my government package back. I thought it came out of the top. When I filled out the online submission form it had it all figured into the price. They must have waited to take that part out. I need to go through my statements this weekend and figure it all out. I got all my email and paper statements. Its not a whole lot of money to really worry about,  but I just trying to figure out what I did wrong so don't have to deal with it in the future. Like KyCoinKollektor said been nice for a heads up. 

Edited by Hoghead515

On 1/15/2021 at 1:33 PM, VKurtB said:

I'm requesting an Alabama license tag for my car that acknowledges my Penn State loyalty.

[QA used to turn up like a bad penny but no more.  Anecdotally, though I haven't been formally so much as wrist-slapped anywhere, I have apparently been banned from every coin Forum in the nation.]  All the best!

11 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[QA used to turn up like a bad penny but no more.  Anecdotally, though I haven't been formally so much as wrist-slapped anywhere, I have apparently been banned from every coin Forum in the nation.]  All the best!

Hadn't seen ya on here in a day or two. Good to see ya again. 

11 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

QA used to turn up like a bad penny but no more. 

welcome back QA give heck mister

Navigating the vast landscape of cinematic brilliance, 'Pulp Fiction' by Quentin Tarantino emerges as my unequivocal favorite. This postmodern masterpiece, released in 1994, redefined narrative structure and dialogue in cinema. The non-linear storytelling, memorable characters, and the eclectic soundtrack contribute to a viewing experience that remains fresh and enthralling with each revisit. 'Pulp Fiction' stands as a testament to Tarantino's storytelling prowess and his ability to craft a film that transcends genres from 123movies official site.

Edited by scotteeters

On 4/13/2023 at 11:07 AM, scotteeters said:

As the thread is two years old, I hope the original poster was able to resolve its issue with NGC and didn't face any further unexpected charges.
For anyone else who might be experiencing similar issues, it's always a good idea to keep a close eye on your credit card and bank statements to make sure there aren't any unauthorized charges. If you do notice something that doesn't look right, it's important to act quickly and contact the merchant or your credit card company to dispute the charge.

I got it straightened out. I was actually in the wrong on that one. It says on the fine print they will adjust the charge if needed. I was tore up and started that thread without thinking. I really shouldnt have. Now that I know that can happen i make sure i got some extra money in there in case when i make a submission. 

It has happened to me a couple of times in the past as well. When I called and inquired about it, I was told it was a tier charge for a coin that graded out of a lower tier. I sometimes ride the line of that $300 mark and get the occasional surprise of a coin returning graded higher than I thought it would. If you give em a call they will have an explanation. The only thing that bothers me about it is why does it take their billing department so long after the submision is graded, and returned, and there is this months long lag period before it is like, "Oh, wait, we need to charge you extra for _____". It shouldn't take months but for whatever reason when it has happened to me, it was months after.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, powermad5000 said:

It has happened to me a couple of times in the past as well. When I called and inquired about it, I was told it was a tier charge for a coin that graded out of a lower tier. I sometimes ride the line of that $300 mark and get the occasional surprise of a coin returning graded higher than I thought it would. If you give em a call they will have an explanation. The only thing that bothers me about it is why does it take their billing department so long after the submision is graded, and returned, and there is this months long lag period before it is like, "Oh, wait, we need to charge you extra for _____". It shouldn't take months but for whatever reason when it has happened to me, it was months after.

Same here. Thats why it came as a suprise. I didnt have enough in my bank account at the time to cover it and it over drawed my account. Thats why i was tore up when i started this thread. I thought it was all took care of and wasnt expecting the charge. 

On 4/13/2023 at 6:07 PM, scotteeters said:

As the thread is two years old, I hope the original poster was able to resolve its issue with NGC and didn't face any further unexpected charges.
For anyone else who might be experiencing similar issues, it's always a good idea to keep a close eye on your credit card and bank statements to make sure there aren't any unauthorized charges. If you do notice something that doesn't look right, it's important to act quickly and contact the merchant or your credit card company to dispute the charge.

Thanks a lot for information! Was searching for it.

On 4/13/2023 at 7:25 PM, powermad5000 said:

I was told it was a tier charge for a coin that graded out of a lower tier. I sometimes ride the line of that $300 mark and get the occasional surprise of a coin returning graded higher than I thought it would

That’s what confuses stuff up when submitting coins sometimes … Welcome to market grading !!!! MS65 coins is an MS65 doesn’t really matter (price value of the coin) should that really affect how a coin is graded “fairly” ? That’s how I see market grading … if a low end modern coin worth $20 was sent in got graded MS65 , now $400 Morgan dollar got sent in it graded MS65 (both coins had go through grading process to get evaluated for that grade) why they charges extra for grading tiers ? If you were not really sure what your coin was really worth at the time… It been long while since I sent anything in for grading I did it through a coin dealer shipping in coins to have graded for me he took care of the paper work and so on 

I don't find it confusing. It is just that when I ride the line for a tier, I don't want to submit on the Early Bird tier and pay that extra money when a coin comes back graded for the Economy tier. So, to not incur a loss during my submissions, I will submit under the cheaper tier when a coin is borderline and could go either way. When I have coins that I know are well within a certain tier, I submit properly. Most of the time, I don't have any issues with my submissions as I know what I have and what its grade will come back as. It is just the occasional submission where a coin surprisingly comes back graded higher than I thought it would that this happens.

On 4/15/2023 at 2:26 PM, powermad5000 said:

It is just the occasional submission where a coin surprisingly comes back graded higher than I thought it would that this happens.

@powermad5000 that’s exactly what I trying to say does really matter what “value” of a coin is when you submit it ? Not really ! A coin is supposed to be graded on it’s condition not it value … that’s where grading companies are making market grading instead of conservative grading … if I submitted a $100 raw Morgan , and you submitted $400 Morgan but you had had to pay more $$$$ just to have your coin graded out at MS65 … I went with lower tier for my $100 Morgan it also came back MS65 … Did the raw value really matter ? Is value is what determines your grade or my graded coin ? Did the grader see the guy who sent in $400 Morgan must get MS65 since he paid more ? Is grading company buying the coins off us ?? Nope … both our coins are put in same plastic holder , both our coins went through the same grading process to get that grade … I don’t see whole point in all upper tiers why not just have it simple one price for whole “classic coin” tier … at end contact sender let them know all coins graded out to be so they can be charged insurance on shipping that’s it … 

On 4/15/2023 at 1:45 PM, Jason Abshier said:

@powermad5000 that’s exactly what I trying to say does really matter what “value” of a coin is when you submit it ? Not really ! A coin is supposed to be graded on it’s condition not it value … that’s where grading companies are making market grading instead of conservative grading … if I submitted a $100 raw Morgan , and you submitted $400 Morgan but you had had to pay more $$$$ just to have your coin graded out at MS65 … I went with lower tier for my $100 Morgan it also came back MS65 … Did the raw value really matter ? Is value is what determines your grade or my graded coin ? Did the grader see the guy who sent in $400 Morgan must get MS65 since he paid more ? Is grading company buying the coins off us ?? Nope … both our coins are put in same plastic holder , both our coins went through the same grading process to get that grade … I don’t see whole point in all upper tiers why not just have it simple one price for whole “classic coin” tier … at end contact sender let them know all coins graded out to be so they can be charged insurance on shipping that’s it … 

You are missing the most important points.

1. If you undervalue there is a significant chance they will charge you the higher price. You agreed to that in the T&C.

2. If you undervalue and they don't catch it, that puts a limit on the insurance that is placed on the coin(s) in shipment and limits the payout if they are lost, stolen, or damaged.

Rather than get into specifics I will concede what the previous member has stated in reply is true and cite my own experience.

I trust the USPS. I do not insure my coins. On returns, I have no option. I submit my card and with my implicit trust, request they charge me accordingly.

Several years ago, a woman advertised a coin no one else appeared to be interested in which hovered at just about melt. I knew what I paid for it, but I had no idea as to its real worth.  If I am not mistaken I listed my coins, whether valued higher or lower, at an even, nominal amount. They were graded and it wasn't until I learned a Set Registry was available that I learned this coin, from a place I never heard of from the former Yugoslavia became a companion to the only other coin accorded that distinction held by another fellow member. With gold hovering at the 2K level, it is worth twice what I paid for.  You win some, you lose some and what goes up must come down. PCGS accepts cash!  Not one to shrink from a challenge, I checked off the box marked cash, and sent it to them certified, with a note saying take all the time you need.   I am truly sorry you experienced something you could I'll afford, but if you learned something, you came out ahead.

On 4/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, bstrauss3 said:

1. If you undervalue there is a significant chance they will charge you the higher price. You agreed to that in the T&C.

@bstrauss3 I got you … that is agree upon when you send in submission … what I was saying if I undervalue or overvalue either way a coin for grading does the “value” really matter during grading process ? Does value determine that coin gets a specific grade ? No not really … we all know that grade is based on condition , strike , and so on … Why the higher priced tier for more valuable coins when they all go through same grading process ? It what I’m trying to ask or make out as to why and is there a special process they do to grade  higher valuable coins - VS- lower tier graded coins ? That’s how I see market grading 

I can see price changing slightly after all coins been graded for insurance purposes to ship it back … 

Im not disagreeing or trying start a fight with anyone on here … I'm just trying understand why all these tier were priced differently and or if there is another type of process involved grading more higher value MS coins VS lower end mint state coins ? 

Edited by Jason Abshier