• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Credit Card
2 2

61 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever had NGC take a few dollars no warning off their credit card for submissions that were paid in full a long time ago. They overdrawed my bank account. . The invoice doesn't even say why. Took 12.75 for one submission and 11.80 for the other. No warning or nothing. I thought I done had those paid and over with. 

Edited by Hoghead515

That's a bad habit they have, I understand that due to grading changes or something the cost may influx but I'd really prefer they give a person a heads up.
They truly need to work on their communication skills some in many areas IMHO.

12 minutes ago, EdG_Ohio said:

That's a bad habit they have, I understand that due to grading changes or something the cost may influx but I'd really prefer they give a person a heads up.
They truly need to work on their communication skills some in many areas IMHO.

I agree. Been nice to know. I would have paid it with my wife's card. Wouldn't have cared a bit.  Now I got a 30 dollar overdraft fee at my bank. I also wish they would put on the invoices what the reason is for. Instead of a blank invoice that says "we're just taking 25 more dollars," basically. After your coins have already been done and paid for a month ago. 

I thought it was a 90 dollar overdraw fee a first. I bout fell over. I was reading my online bank statement wrong. I just saw that negative sign. Lol. Still though 30 dollars is bad enough. Now gonna be late for work in the morning. Boss man done gave me the thumbs up so I got that worked out. But its just a head ache. Ill quit crying now. Just tore up a little. Thats kind of bad business ethics if you ask me. 

19 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Hmm that is not good for sure, hope you can contact customer service and get some answers as to what the charges are for.

Im gonna try them tomorrow. I believe I'm gonna send a check from now on. Thats pretty bad charge you a month later after the deal was already done. Even if it is changes in the grading why go back in time and charge people who was already paid and done with.  One of those was paid in November and the other in December. 

Edited by Hoghead515

truly unfortunate, but yes have had it happen to me twice before....once for additional fees due to correction of tier n another time because submission was shipped back in two segments because i didnt know how to mark the submission form correctly to have all coins returned together....id definitely call n make sure that their correction n additional charges were warranted.....

3 hours ago, B.C said:

Clearly an unauthorized transaction your better bet is to call your credit card company and dispute the charges

I wouldn’t assume it’s an unauthorized transaction. There might be language authorizing such charges as part of the membership and/or submission agreement that was signed by the submitter. But either way, I think it would make a lot more sense to discuss it with NGC first.

That stinks. Never had that issue but have had price changes due to several factors, usually conservation fees. My experience has been that the additional charges were applied to my NGC account and then were added to the invoice of my next submission and charged, never out of the blue. But I'm a fairly frequent submitter so maybe there is a timeline. Yes, it would be nice if NGC was a little more descriptive with the line items instead of just showing the invoice number. Hopefully NGC customer service can help you out, they've always been great to deal with.

They need to work out something and tell people that they are going to be charging their card again and see if they would rather pay a different way or let them be prepared first. Instead of blind siding them with it. If I owed them id have been more than happy to pay them. But that ended up being a costly issue. Probably don't look good on the credit score neither. Luckily my bank has a deal where they will pay an overdraft up to 100 dollars but I gotta pay it and a 30 dollar fee. So now I really gotta go pay the bank for the money they went over in my account and the 30 dollar overdraft fee. My old lady is really pouring it in my ear this morning to. Im bout to go def in this one ear.  She's a yapping like a chihuahua.  

5 minutes ago, JT2 said:

Funny you say that i just got an invoice last night for NCS services from November that i thought were already paid??

It should be easy enough to find out if it actually was already paid.

The 2 coins i submitted were both brand new proofs.  Ive never had to deal with NCS yet. On mine its something they forgot to charge me for or something. I just wish I could have saw it coming. Ill just know if I ever submit anymore to be ready for it. Or pay with a check. So at least I'll get the invoice before they charge me. Be nice also if they didn't wait so long. They like to wait and surprise you don't they. 

2 hours ago, MarkFeld said:

I wouldn’t assume it’s an unauthorized transaction. There might be language authorizing such charges as part of the membership and/or submission agreement that was signed by the submitter. But either way, I think it would make a lot more sense to discuss it with NGC first

I read the form years ago I never saw anything indicating by signing your agreeing to multiple transactions typically a credit card authorization is good for 1 transaction 

Hopefully they don't find anything else they forgot about today. Just left the bank. Im 20 to the good now. Had to borrow money off my wife to cover it. She's bad about grabbing my ears and twisting them when she gets mad at me. This one poor old ear is pretty red this morning. Sore too. I just hope they don't overdraw me again. I need to start leaving money in my account for those reasons but its hard to do. We pretty much live from paycheck to paycheck. 

Edited by Hoghead515

21 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Had to borrow money off my wife to cover it.

Just you wait until she puts you on an allowance!!!  hahahahh ...........Honey can i borrow a dollar i need a coke....

25 minutes ago, JT2 said:

Just you wait until she puts you on an allowance!!!  hahahahh ...........Honey can i borrow a dollar i need a coke....

I done knew soon as I saw that invoice in my Email that my ear was gonna get it. Boy was I right. I knew I didn't have the funds to cover it. I looked like Fred Sanford coming through the house holding my chest. I wish she would quit that. Said she's gonna take my debit card from me. I really love this hobby but it can be ruthless and unforgiving if a person aint careful. 

1 hour ago, Hoghead515 said:

The 2 coins i submitted were both brand new proofs.  Ive never had to deal with NCS yet. On mine its something they forgot to charge me for or something. I just wish I could have saw it coming. Ill just know if I ever submit anymore to be ready for it. Or pay with a check. So at least I'll get the invoice before they charge me. Be nice also if they didn't wait so long. They like to wait and surprise you don't they. 

I have a strong feeling there is a glitch in the system.  Was your sunbmission/invoice for something that happened in November?  Seems to be a common thread with all these surprise charges.  

One was in November and one was in December. They charged a little for both submissions on the same invoice 

Edited by Hoghead515

Transactions should always be clear, accurate and verifiable. If there are items for which charges are delayed, such as external consultation, then that should be stated up-front....and not it lawyer-grade fine print.

1 hour ago, Morpheus1967 said:

Just an FYI, call them.  Mine was a mistake, and they quickly refunded the money.  

Thats great you got your money back. Im gonna try call them this evening when I get off work 

3 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

A dollar ... FOR A COKE?

Man.. those were the days..lol

Wait for the sales. 

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Wait for the sales. 

VKurtB  good to see ya back.... i guess the hangover from that game is wearing off by now?

On 1/14/2021 at 4:43 AM, Morpheus1967 said:

I was just charged again last night, for the SECOND time, for a no-charge re-holder.  From November.  

Same for me last night on a no-charge reholder that was mailed out this week.  Email in to get it resolved hopefully.

But to the OP, yeah, I've had it come up a time or 2.  My only qualm is the documentation isn't clear as to what the charge is for.  You get the Invoice which is nice & detailed, then you get the Credit Card Acknowledgement which only includes the Submission number.  Usually what I've seen is a small charge for a prior submission included (additional line).  Then I have to contact Lisa to get the details on it for cost allocations.