• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1927 Buffalo nickel

9 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Steelkurtain said:

I just basically the rarity and worth of the coin to what I've been told and what I've looked up

You need to get yourself a copy of the redbook Like this this book has most of the info you are looking for.  If you check it may be available at your local library also.  What you have is a very well worn and slightly damaged 1927 Buffalo nickel, despite its old age the coin has very little collector value due to the poor condition of the coin.  It would be a nice album filler for some buyers.

Edited by Coinbuf

Polish_20210113_190453274.thumb.jpg.6cedff1088f1439402b8b56bd8be84d8.jpgHere's a 1926 I bought slabbed for $27.00. It is a ms62. They bout got to be in mint state to be worth much unless they are one of the key dates or an error coin. I probably paid to much for this one. I just wanted it pretty bad. Its one of the lower mint states. 

Edited by Hoghead515

12 hours ago, Hoghead515 said:

. I probably paid to much for this one

No that is a good price for this one.  As a matter of fact the Obverse on this looks really good.  Strong Liberty clear date.  you can see the ribs of the feathers,  plenty of hair detail and a strong braid and tie and  definition on the bow.  a little scuff on the cheeck but minor...  I like it