Sacagawea Dollar....No Date??
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Check the edge of the coin. I think they had some minted on a presidential dollar blank a while back. If so, might be a decent error. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fenntucky Mike said:

I don't think the 2009's were dated, if I'm remembering correctly. 

I've never heard of any US coin not dated purposely.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Starting in 2009, the date and mintmark were moved to the edge. Most people don't have any idea what these dollars look like; I'm almost certain I've never seen 3/4 of them before today. You can see them all here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar#Native_American_redesign_(2009-present)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, physics-fan3.14 said:

Starting in 2009, the date and mintmark were moved to the edge. Most people don't have any idea what these dollars look like; I'm almost certain I've never seen 3/4 of them before today. You can see them all here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacagawea_dollar#Native_American_redesign_(2009-present)

Along with “e Pluribus  unim” and a few stars. Thanks 🙏 just a 2009 D. Nothing special here. I did get a few presidential dollars on ms condition. Going back for more tonight. Feed it a paper dollar press the coin return. And voila! One Susan B. Indian chick. Or a dead prez 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rocket23 said:

Along with “e Pluribus  unim” and a few stars. Thanks 🙏 just a 2009 D. Nothing special here. I did get a few presidential dollars on ms condition. Going back for more tonight. Feed it a paper dollar press the coin return. And voila! One Susan B. Indian chick. Or a dead prez 

It also happens sometimes at major coin shows when the Mint brings their machine for dispensing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

It also happens sometimes at major coin shows when the Mint brings their machine for dispensing them.

Never been to a major show....I bet there's a line and a limit....at a mint machine...for lack of a better term.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rocket23 said:

Never been to a major show....I bet there's a line and a limit....at a mint machine...for lack of a better term.

Line? Not that I’ve ever seen. Limit? I’ve seen that only once. They only fill it twice a day, though. It’s something one has to look for. It’s not “featured”. I figure they’ll have new Washington Crossing quarters mixed P and D this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rocket23 said:

I'll keep my eyes open for a major one coming up...I'm assuming anything big will be curtailed till covid is a distant memory

Pretty much. Save up for Rosemont (right outside Chicago O’Hare airport) in August. Get the vaccine the minute you can.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll pass on a vaccine I clearly do not need. Wife had covid in April I quarantine for 2 weeks with her. Didn’t get a sniffle. Translation. I already had it. And fought it off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rocket23 said:

I’ll pass on a vaccine I clearly do not need. Wife had covid in April I quarantine for 2 weeks with her. Didn’t get a sniffle. Translation. I already had it. And fought it off. 

Maybe not the right forum :signofftopic:...but you can be re-infected and unless you've gotten the anti-bodies test you have absolutely no idea if you got infected or know if you are still resistant to it if you were. Some people just don't get infected...so I would advise that you don't play with fire and actually find out...because I don't want you to have it, or your wife again either!

Some people are having a much more difficult time with the 2nd round!

Unfortunately I have been through it too and grateful to be alive but still experiencing all kinds of wacky after-effects.

The true problem is the concept that people THINK they are behaving safely, they are not... I was infected right through my closed apartment door, the timing of my infection confirms this for me.

It is beyond ferociously contagious, please be careful!!!

Edited by Kurisu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Kurisu said:

Maybe not the right forum :signofftopic:...but you can be re-infected and unless you've gotten the anti-bodies from already catching the virus earlier in the year..

Which has happened to me.........Unfortunately you didn't get the whole story.........my apologies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is ON TOPIC - the more people who refuse this vaccine, the longer it will take to get back to having major coin shows, and that is indisputable. People who have these shows are very risk averse, and we can get on board with proper public health measures or forget coin shows.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, rocket23 said:

guess there are a lot of ''not me'' going around Alabama........the southern folk don't trust gov't run stuff to begin with.

The very INSTANT I'm told I'm eligible, my backside will be joining my arm down at the CVS. I'm 65 and do have comordbidities. Based on today's guidance, I'll be getting jabbed quite soon. Plus, I want to go back to the U.K. ASAP. I've already paid for my Royal Mint VIP tour in advance, and they aren't letting anyone into the U.K. without vaccine papers.

Edited by VKurtB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, Kurisu said:

It is beyond ferociously contagious,

Actually it is less contagious than the flu, but about twice as deadly.

 

On 1/12/2021 at 11:19 AM, VKurtB said:

This is ON TOPIC - the more people who refuse this vaccine, the longer it will take to get back to having major coin shows, and that is indisputable.

Amen.  Come on folks get vaccinated and we can get rid of these masks and back to our normal lives.

 

23 hours ago, VKurtB said:

The very INSTANT I'm told I'm eligible, my backside will be joining my arm down at the CVS.

Got mine last week, I'm in healthcare so was close to the head of the line.  Have to go back on the 27th for my second shot.  Took my father to get his yesterday, first day they were doing the 80+ crowd.  They said all their appointments are booked solid for the next two weeks (YAA, people are coming out for them!).  Soon a second clinic should be opening up at the hospital and we will be able to double the number of available appointments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Conder101 said:

Actually it is less contagious than the flu, but about twice as deadly.

I'm not sure where you heard that...but I can tell you with utmost certainty that's entirely and dangerously incorrect.

It's actually many times deadlier than flu and far more contagious...Just ask a doctor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Actually it is less contagious than the flu, but about twice as deadly.

 

Amen.  Come on folks get vaccinated and we can get rid of these masks and back to our normal lives.

 

Got mine last week, I'm in healthcare so was close to the head of the line.  Have to go back on the 27th for my second shot.  Took my father to get his yesterday, first day they were doing the 80+ crowd.  They said all their appointments are booked solid for the next two weeks (YAA, people are coming out for them!).  Soon a second clinic should be opening up at the hospital and we will be able to double the number of available appointments.

My wife is a nurse in Morehead KY.  She got hers also. I went to drop her off at work  the other morning and elderly people were lined up around the block. They only had 700 and when they got down to the last few people were fighting over them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kurisu said:

I'm not sure where you heard that...but I can tell you with utmost certainty that's entirely and dangerously incorrect.

It's actually many times deadlier than flu and far more contagious...Just ask a doctor.

I’ve evaded it by living like a complete hermit for close to a year. No social interactions contrary to CDC guidelines whatsoever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, VKurtB said:

I’ve evaded it by living like a complete hermit for close to a year. No social interactions contrary to CDC guidelines whatsoever.

could be the virus is avoiding You.......lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rocket23 said:

could be the virus is avoiding You.......lol

The key to evading COVID is no mystery. Live in places no one wants to visit, and make no friends. Simple.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1