• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

American Silver Eagles
1 1

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fenntucky Mike said:

I like it, very nice!

Dang it! I told myself I was done with ASE's but now. hm

So i buy an ebay lot with 10 ASE in it. The picture on the listing just showed a pile of Eagles the guy stated they were cull. I was like what Cull ASE that sounded funny. Anyway I bought them for 120 bucks. Even cull thats a good deal. So i get them and they are Eagles with gouges in them one was bent. And there it was in almost perfect mint state and a coumterpunch. I still domt fully know who the western reserve numismatics club were

1 minute ago, BigGoron1981 said:

So i buy an ebay lot with 10 ASE in it. The picture on the listing just showed a pile of Eagles the guy stated they were cull. I was like what Cull ASE that sounded funny. Anyway I bought them for 120 bucks. Even cull thats a good deal. So i get them and they are Eagles with gouges in them one was bent. And there it was in almost perfect mint state and a coumterpunch. I still domt fully know who the western reserve numismatics club were

Cull, to me, means the ONLY value is the raw bullion value. Cull is a synonym for “not collectible”.

18 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I would be very greatly surprised if EITHER top tier grading firm would grade it. It is damaged. 

Are you saying the counterpunch is the damage?

51 minutes ago, Lem E said:

I agree with him. Even though it looks cool, it is most likely not a counterstamp that a TPG would recognize. I doubt it would be graded also. 

17 minutes ago, bsshog40 said:

I agree with him. Even though it looks cool, it is most likely not a counterstamp that a TPG would recognize. I doubt it would be graded also. 

I found this. 

BA4D764D-D537-4FC6-98DA-BFCD417846BE.jpeg

All I can tell you is to do as much research as you can and make a decision from there. Learning never hurts. Good Luck.

19 hours ago, Lem E said:

Yes, I am saying exactly that. 

On 1/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, Greig said:

I noticed that some Silver Eagles have no mint mark yet the label might say, "minted at the San Francisco mint" or the West Point mint.  Are these bullion coins? 

Thank you,

Greig

There are 2019 Emergency Production coins minted at P and S (b/c W had to close for covid cleaning).  The monster boxes were identified which allowed TPG services to label them correctly.  There is a 2021 Emergency Production already slated to come from S.  Any of these marked ASE could raise the value of the coin if there is sufficient interest from collectors.  In fact any difference in mintage or availability can cause the value to increase (see V75).

11 hours ago, BearlyHereBear said:

There are 2019 Emergency Production coins minted at P and S (b/c W had to close for covid cleaning).  The monster boxes were identified which allowed TPG services to label them correctly.  There is a 2021 Emergency Production already slated to come from S.  Any of these marked ASE could raise the value of the coin if there is sufficient interest from collectors.  In fact any difference in mintage or availability can cause the value to increase (see V75).

Silver eagles minted with no mint mark, yet put in a slab saying struck at West Point or struck in San Francisco have been around since 2011.  It has nothing to do with the "emergency" issues.