• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I don't have an "ignore" list...

4 posts in this topic

As a new collector I cherish your opinions. All of you experienced numismatis. I like it when I'm corrected because thats how I learn. But I see what you are talking about. Some just don't want to be wrong even if they don't have a clue what they are talking about. Like its your fault that they don't have what they think they do. It annoys me also just watching them argue with you all. Why not just accept an experts opinion or fact and write it down as a learning experience. I dont understand why these people just think they are gonna pull a 1000 dollar coin out of the change jar like that. That don't happen very often. Some people just don't want to accept the reality. 

Well put JustBob

I do have an "just ignore list".

I find it easier to just ignore some individuals (there have been a couple on here recently that when you try to help them they just contradict whatever you say) so it is just easier to not try to help them and ignore them.

That being said there are other "newbies" who are willing to learn from what they are told and if they question what you tell them, it is just because they are trying to learn the reason for your answer for future reference.