• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2009-D penny PROFESSIONAL LIFE DDR
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hi again, so I happen to get the five coin 2009 coin collection. So going over them I found doubling on the tree. to make sure, I was going through my other 2009s and can't find anything like this one. There's also no errors I have found searching on line on this particular coin. Hmmm 

20201231_154825.jpg

20201231_154030.jpg

20201231_154545.jpg

20201231_154505.jpg

Edited by Hinkle
Shorting it to DDR

I sent this one in also, but they say not eligible. Just was being curious to what it might come back as. I won't do this again for a long time. The number for this is 7101011.

On 4/13/2021 at 8:16 PM, Hinkle said:

I sent this one in also, but they say not eligible.

Not eligible for what?

Very minor mechanical doubling and erosion.

On 4/15/2021 at 8:46 AM, RWB said:

Not eligible for what?

Very minor mechanical doubling and erosion.

I remember reading the fact that if you send in a slabed coin and they find anything out of ordinary on the coin like crowed/defected ect... they won't crack it open and do anything with it. They will say it's not eligible. Once I find were I read that I will post a pic of it. But when they say not eligible on one document, and then say not the request variety. It's just telling me if the error or variety isn't in the books there not going to look at it. Which I should have known because you all are big in telling us to look for the variety and errors that are already known in the books. I've been trying to reach out to Wexler's to look at some of my stuff first before getting it graded,  but no luck. It's a little confusing to me but I'm working on it. Pretty much if I find a error it has to be attributed first,  because I'm taking that anacs isn't going confirm unless it's in the books. Or I could be wrong, still just learning how this works. 

9 hours ago, Hinkle said:

I remember reading the fact that if you send in a slabed coin and they find anything out of ordinary on the coin like crowed/defected ect... they won't crack it open and do anything with it. They will say it's not eligible. Once I find were I read that I will post a pic of it. But when they say not eligible on one document, and then say not the request variety. It's just telling me if the error or variety isn't in the books there not going to look at it. Which I should have known because you all are big in telling us to look for the variety and errors that are already known in the books. I've been trying to reach out to Wexler's to look at some of my stuff first before getting it graded,  but no luck. It's a little confusing to me but I'm working on it. Pretty much if I find a error it has to be attributed first,  because I'm taking that anacs isn't going confirm unless it's in the books. Or I could be wrong, still just learning how this works. 

Please drop this quest to find “first errors”. The entire enterprise is a fool’s errand.