• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many countries will make "Defeat of the Covid Empire" coins in 2021?
1 1

104 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Yesterday, at 3:00 PM, @RWB said, in part:  "Nice -- other than the absence of facts and the obvious bias against science."

Within the hour, as excerpted above, @gmarguli is happy to oblige rattling off what he distinctly refers to as "facts."

I will be the first to admit I did the unethical and unconscionable: I fact-checked what he wrote.

A figure, cited as a one Fact cites 6 million official COVID deaths over the past 18 months. Immediately, in my head, I heard the imaginary cry popular with drug dealers: RED LIGHT!!! and consulted Google replete with the latest "to date" figures indicating 34,707,293 CV cases for the U.S., 622,664 deaths and 29,221,947 recoveries.

There would be little point in going any further with this arguable vindication of @RWB and his stance on this issue but, as regarding the white ship painted with prominent Red Crosses I challenge anyone who is not a [N.Y.] City resident to state... the ship's specific eligibility for admissions criteria, precisely where it was docked, the role the Javits Center played in impacting admissions and why the vessel left so soon with no patients before unanimously deciding its presence played a role in the pandemic.

Quintus here is using U.S. figures, while gmarguli was using global. This is what people who read with a critical eye can see and why I got paid to do that for 13 years. 

9 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[I don't think being masked is going to change @MAULEMALL's feelings about New York or the people who live there. Plus, one of them reportedly collects 🐓. ]

I call fowl. 

13 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

No mask is a substitute for antibodies

But, but Doctor Fauci said.  Besides, Covid 19, the 'Pandemic that wasn't, is over.  The MSM has declared it's gone.  Everyone in Washington, DC is singing and dancing.

11 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

If Marine One were to land on your outside lawn, would you demand to see some ID?  Revel in your celebrity!  (Incidentally, no way is the administration of drugs, oral or intravenously, with or without your consent, in complete anonymity (as opposed to, with confidentiality) legal. Next thing, you'll be insisting census/population figures for coins are not to be trusted.)  doh!

I called to put my name on the appointment list, and they took my then-current address. At no  time was that address on my ID. They asked if I was on Medicare, because that was while 65+ was the vaccination standard. I told them I had just applied but had no cards or number yet. When I arrived for jab #1, I offered my ID and it was refused. All they needed was my name. They found a sheet with my name on it and they sent me to my jab station (#16). 

Edited by VKurtB

4 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

But, but Doctor Fauci said.  Besides, Covid 19, the 'Pandemic that wasn't, is over.  The MSM has declared it's gone.  Everyone in Washington, DC is singing and dancing.

Well, it was technically a pandemic. Look up the definition. It was worldwide but “unevenly distributed worldwide” with population density being the chief risk factor FOR INFECTION, and previously existing bad health for a bad outcome. I am reminded of a shilling I saw at Allen Berman’s booth yesterday. Uneven spotty toning hiding a beautiful luster. It will have a Kodak formula bath at weak strength to see if we can’t smooth out that toning. 

33 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

By who's definition?  Not mine.  Spanish Lady was a Pandemic, the Plague of Megiddo 1350 BC was a Pandemic, Antonine Plague that decimated the Roman Empire was a pandemic, the Black Death (aka Bubonic Plague).  This Covid became a 'Pandemic' when politicians and the media got involved by putting fear and uncertainty in the people residing in America and then this fear spread worldwide as the perfect political tool.  

537 deaths reported in Clinton County Pennsylvania yet no doctor, no Postal Carrier, no one I have spoke with can tell me who these 537 people were.  In 2019 there were not 537 funerals conducted in this county.  My doctor reported 1 known case severe enough to hospitalize the individual.  I would go on but enough of this banter.  I side with what gmarguili said.  How many people died in the City of Chicago over the 4th of July weekend from Covid 19?  How many people in the City of Chicago died of murder over the 4th of July weekend?

In Clinton County, whitetail deer and eastern grey squirrels obviously count. In all seriousness, the vast majority have to be FROM Clinton County and died in nursing facilities elsewhere in your region. They count them in the county where they last lived privately. 
Over 73% of PA’s total of COVID deaths happened in nursing homes. 
Could also be Clinton Countians who are incarcerated. The state correctional system was “death trap number 2” behind only nursing homes. 

Edited by VKurtB

I think the major mints would avoid any type of coinage commemorating the "Defeat of Covid" since most of the major countries have similar discourse amongst their citizenry as we've had the last few pages.  Sales would be miserable.

But I do expect there'd be some sort of commemorative to nursing professionals, essential workers, or vaccine production.  The Caduceus symbol is timeless, detailed, and would lend itself well to a large format medal.

5 hours ago, VKurtB said:

Virtually ALL deaths the last few months are among the unvaccinated, masks be damned. No mask is a substitute for antibodies, natural or artificial. 

A mask is a suitable substitute for those who refuse to be vaccinated on religious grounds. Whether they would go so far as to cut off their 3-foot long beards like I did is another story.

51 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

A mask is a suitable substitute for those who refuse to be vaccinated on religious grounds. Whether they would go so far as to cut off their 3-foot long beards like I did is another story.

Ahhh, Orthodox? I had forgotten that category. That makes me wonder if my former neighbors the old order Amish have a similar issue. Ditto Christian Scientists. 

Edited by VKurtB

7 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Ahhh, Orthodox? I had forgotten that category. That makes me wonder if my former neighbors the old order Amish have a similar issue. Ditto Christian Scientists. 

None of the use umbrellas either; police officers don't but not on religious grounds.  doh!

3 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Religion, and all other forms of humanity, cannot enter into this.  We MUST do what the Government tells us.  The Government wouldn't lie to us; would they?

Remember the Maine!

19 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[It is a shame upwards of thirty (30) comments were deleted from this thread.]

I thought there were several more. I was wondering what happened to them. 

@Alex in PA. My wife said it best when I told her man had been to the moon:  "HOW did they get there?  WHAT did they find?"  I know how they got there; I don't know what they found. What I would really like to know is what NASA, the Space Force, the endless probes to inhospitable places is costing the American public.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:38 AM, Crawtomatic said:

I think the major mints would avoid any type of coinage commemorating the "Defeat of Covid" since most of the major countries have similar discourse amongst their citizenry as we've had the last few pages.  Sales would be miserable.

But I do expect there'd be some sort of commemorative to nursing professionals, essential workers, or vaccine production.  The Caduceus symbol is timeless, detailed, and would lend itself well to a large format medal.

Yeah. Even illnesses that weren't as controversial have never generated commemorative coins. You don't see Spanish Flu commems. I don't expect to ever see a SARS or MERS commemorative. Though it could be nice to see a commem for Dr Salk and the landmark work he did with testing the polio vaccine, control groups, and double blind studies 

Edited by Revenant

@Crawtomatic Manyscientific pioneers are honored with a space on the Periodic Table of Elements. There is a couple, the Strauses, who are honored with both a public New York City school and a lovely small park on both the upper-East and West sides. The new generation, given a choice between honoring someone who defeats a pandemic or a woman who is driven to break the internet by balancing a flute of champagne on her derriere, will choose the latter hands down.

19 hours ago, Revenant said:

Yeah. Even illnesses that weren't as controversial have never generated commemorative coins. You don't see Spanish Flu commems. I don't expect to ever see a SARS or MERS commemorative. Though it could be nice to see a commem for Dr Salk and the landmark work he did with testing the polio vaccine, control groups, and double blind studies 

You know there already is one, right? The 2019 Pennsylvania Innovation Dollar. 

3 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

You know there already is one, right? The 2019 Pennsylvania Innovation Dollar. 

Yeah. I saw that. Does not name Salk, just the "polio vaccine."

24 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Yeah. I saw that. Does not name Salk, just the "polio vaccine."

Interesting. Without looking at it, I would have sworn it did. 

3 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Yeah, I went and looked. I was gobsmacked. 

Yeah... these designs seem to focus on the invention/ innovation to the exclusion of the person that made them. On one hand I'd kind of wanted to collect these with / for my kids but I find these underwhelming in many cases. 

2 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Yeah... these designs seem to focus on the invention/ innovation to the exclusion of the person that made them. On one hand I'd kind of wanted to collect these with / for my kids but I find these underwhelming in many cases. 

Let's see now.  Maybe it was the name of @VKurtB's Commonwealth that caught his eye 👁.  All that Salk talk was his imagination imploring him:  "Buy me! Buy me!"  By the way, I see the date 1953.  Where did they put the 2019?

2 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Let's see now.  Maybe it was the name of @VKurtB's Commonwealth that caught his eye 👁.  All that Salk talk was his imagination imploring him:  "Buy me! Buy me!"  By the way, I see the date 1953.  Where did they put the 2019?

On the edge. Mint mark too. I bought a roll of P and a roll of D. I opened them, saved the best seven or eight of them, and it was my intention to give the rest out to kids at major shows, to encourage the hobby and promote my “homeland”. Now that I’m an Alabamian, I’m a litte frightened about what our innovation is. Lynching ropes are a VERY bad idea. Off the top of my head, I’d go for the J-1 rocket engine that powered the Saturn V first stage. That didn’t just fall out of the engineering drawings working correctly. Apollo 8 was the FIRST time all 5 first stage engines stayed running for the full 2.5 minutes. They launched three guys in a rocket whose best test result was a B-.

Edited by VKurtB