• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many countries will make "Defeat of the Covid Empire" coins in 2021?
1 1

104 posts in this topic

Update:  the Delta Variant is the predominant one now with Epsilon right around the corner.  It's still a long way to Omega...

At present rates, Covid 19 will wipe out possibly 10% of the stupid who refuse to be vaccinated, and disable another 20% of the same. Those with long Covid and other associated conditions will also ADD to the welfare and public assistance roles. Consider how that could change election outcomes....

Edited by RWB

56 minutes ago, RWB said:

At present rates, Covid 19 will wipe out possibly 10% of the stupid who refuse to be vaccinated, and disable another 20% of the same. Those with long Covid and other associated conditions will also ADD to the welfare and public assistance roles. Consider how that could change election outcomes....

At present rates, the stated* COVID 19 deaths is less than the number of people who died from hunger during the same time period. If only there were a vaccine for hunger. 

*Stated numbers probable 50% higher than actual numbers (except in NY).

Personally, I hope some country makes a Dr. Fauci (falsey?) coin with an inlayed Magic 8 ball. 

The best line I ever read about COVID was one of the first ones:

”I have a COVID joke for you, but 98% of you won’t get it.”

1 hour ago, RWB said:

I don’t know how it shakes out demographically in VA, Roger, but in both PA and AL, it works out pretty close to a wash, except in age. Both the black community and the red neck hick community are skeptical of the vaccine and aren’t getting it. 

7 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

I don’t know how it shakes out demographically in VA, Roger, but in both PA and AL, it works out pretty close to a wash, except in age. Both the black community and the red neck hick community are skeptical of the vaccine and aren’t getting it. 

Here it is the Hispanic undocumented that are afraid to get it, I have met many that think they will be tracked by the government and targeted for deportation if they get the vaccine. 

12 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

Here it is the Hispanic undocumented that are afraid to get it, I have met many that think they will be tracked by the government and targeted for deportation if they get the vaccine. 

People need to stop talking about contact tracing. No free society was EVER going to put up with that Orwellian dystopia. And I was a government employee and knew that was a non-starter from the outset. 

40 minutes ago, Coinbuf said:

I don't think that will be a priority under this Administration but it does raise serious questions about the reliability of the Census, those doubled-up illegally in public housing developments and the homeless in general.

Little-known fact: vaccinations are not "free" and cannot be obtained without ID.  Incentives to vaccinate have already back-fired with unknown numbers of people undergoing any number of additional vaccines for various gifts 🎁

If you apply for vaccination, supposedly "free," you will be asked for ID. If you produce medical insurance ID, the Red Carpet will be rolled out for you. Exactly what type of documentation is required to obtain a "free" vaccination has never been made clear. I am not aware of any place that will vaccinate you without some form of ID.

Right now, the Delta variant predominates and prior vaccination does not insure future success. I continue to wear my mask but if My Cousin Vinny shows up with his Speed Graphic or Leica, I will not hesitate to take it off for him.

2 hours ago, gmarguli said:

At present rates, the stated* COVID 19 deaths is less than the number of people who died from hunger during the same time period. If only there were a vaccine for hunger. 

*Stated numbers probable 50% higher than actual numbers (except in NY).

Personally, I hope some country makes a Dr. Fauci (falsey?) coin with an inlayed Magic 8 ball. 

Nice - other than the absence of facts, and the obvious bias against science. :)

2 hours ago, VKurtB said:

People need to stop talking about contact tracing. No free society was EVER going to put up with that Orwellian dystopia. And I was a government employee and knew that was a non-starter from the outset. 

Contact tracing is not an infringement of anything except possibly stupidity and ignorance. Dystopia is rejection of objective science in favor of knuckle-dragging ignorant dogma. It is a standard, proven method used to interrupt the spread of contagious disease, and has been in use since the early days of Queen Victoria (establishing cholera source).

3 hours ago, gmarguli said:

.... If only there were a vaccine for hunger. 

There is. Food.  But to be effective, you must undergo inoculation at regular intervals.

2 hours ago, RWB said:

Contact tracing is not an infringement of anything except possibly stupidity and ignorance. Dystopia is rejection of objective science in favor of knuckle-dragging ignorant dogma. It is a standard, proven method used to interrupt the spread of contagious disease, and has been in use since the early days of Queen Victoria (establishing cholera source).

Nothing can be accomplished by contact tracing when the majority refuse to participate. 

[My personal opinion is coinage cannot be considered until eradication is acheived. And I am not sure a coin minted and circulated publicly would be an appropriate way to mark a milestone like that. If anything, an individual would be so honored perhaps with a Medal or re-naming of a school.]

Edited by Quintus Arrius
(None.)

16 hours ago, VKurtB said:

@gmarguli is absolutely correct. My wife’s mom died in January 2020, of a massively virulent pneumonia. Huntsville, Alabama, a massively international town. Was it COVID? Nobody knew to test for it. She was cremated. What’s my point? People died of horrible lung diseases before COVID and will die of lung diseases other than COVID after it is endemic. But what will the paperwork show? As long as there is a financial incentive to call cases a COVID case, there will be massive numbers of it. 

I know a lady really well who died of cancer. She had bad cancer for 3 years and was on her deathbed. They wrote it down as our counties first covid death in the news papers. She didn't even have covid. Her kids were really mad over it. Even the autopsy came back negative for covid. I've been wondering how many more deaths were reported falsely