• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just some help

15 posts in this topic

Strange. I responded to this thread last night, but my response is not here. I wonder if I forgot to click "Submit Reply."

Any way, the coin has lots of abbreviations. The rough translation is "George the Fifth, By the Grace of God, King of All Britain, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India."

1 hour ago, Greenstang said:

It’s Latin.

What is the photo of the 1965 with the die chip for.

I don’t think it’s a die chip, it looks like foreign matter on the coin, like a little piece of salt lol but yeah why is it relevant to this post I’m wondering as well.

10 minutes ago, KyCoinKollektor said:

I don’t think it’s a die chip, it looks like foreign matter on the coin, like a little piece of salt lol but yeah why is it relevant to this post I’m wondering as well.

Thats what I thought also. Looks like salt or sand or something. 

12 hours ago, Just Bob said:

Strange. I responded to this thread last night, but my response is not here. I wonder if I forgot to click "Submit Reply."

Any way, the coin has lots of abbreviations. The rough translation is "George the Fifth, By the Grace of God, King of All Britain, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India."

I wasn't on last night sorry for inconvenience. So this was when Brittan held, or had control over all the other "countries, or rather territories"?

12 hours ago, KyCoinKollektor said:

Just wanted to show the date is all. So maybe it would be easier to know language. If it had been a '56 coin it might have been different. Correct?

How can that be a 1965 coin with King George V on it? In 1965 it would have the current Queen Elizabeth as the face.
Also all coins from the UK have Latin wording.

Edited by Greenstang

10 hours ago, Tridmn said:

If it had been a '56 coin it might have been different. Correct?

No.  Not for that country unless you go way back when.  :juggle:

On 12/28/2020 at 7:01 AM, Greenstang said:

How can that be a 1965 coin with King George V on it? In 1965 it would have the current Queen Elizabeth as the face.
Also all coins from the UK have Latin wording.

So are u saying it is a fake coin?

32 minutes ago, Tridmn said:

Why don't you just show the reverse of the George V instead of trying to be tricky with that 1965 what ever?

19 minutes ago, Alex in PA. said:

Why don't you just show the reverse of the George V instead of trying to be tricky with that 1965 what ever?

On 12/28/2020 at 7:01 AM, Greenstang said:

I did post wrong coin! That was my mistake. I do apologize.

20201229_123614.jpg

20201229_123431.jpg