• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wounded Lincoln
1 1

12 posts in this topic

My only question is why anyone would feel redundancy, using a primitive method, was required in a clear-cut case of a political assassination?

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Things get trapped between the zinc base and brass plating, including gas. When these contaminants are compressed at the moment of striking some weird effects occur as raised metal on the coin's surface. It's too common on Zincolns to have any value.

The 1933 Saint-Gaudens, recently sold at auction for nearly $19 million, rather prominently exhibits a classic case of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, on her left leg as diagnosed by the Centers for Disease Control at their headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia.

Now, if that's being cutesy, exc-u-u-u-se me!

On 7/29/2021 at 1:14 AM, Conder101 said:

Nothing cute about MRSA.

Isn't that a real bad infection?  I think that's what my dad had when he had sugar diabetes. He lost his feet on both sides over it and had to have a pic line run to his heart with strong antibiotics. He suffered for a very long time before it ended up taking his life. I felt so sorry for him. He was in pure misery. 

On 8/2/2021 at 6:14 PM, Quintus Arrius said:

@Hoghead515. All the more reason why I must apologize for introducing an inappropriate note of levity, yet again, on a serious Forum subject.

It's no problem my friend. You never offended me or nothing. I've got very thick skin. 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:38 PM, Hoghead515 said:

It's no problem my friend. You never offended me or nothing. I've got very thick skin. 

There are creams and ointments for that.