• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there an update on what the actual turnaround times are?

21 posts in this topic

Hi NGC, 

I had some Christmas gifts in a submission, a few nice birth year coins.  That's why I sent it in mid-October, but it still hasn't finished up.  Order 5912152, which is an economy US shipment. 

When I sent the order, the turnaround estimate was 20 working days.  When it hit 20 working days for this order, the estimate was changed to 23.  When it hit 23 days, the estimate was changed to 30 days.  It is now on it's 34th working day, and there is already no way the gifts will be back in time now.  It has also been in grading/quality control for 7 or 8 working days, which is also much longer than I have ever seen.  No matter how busy things are, I would guess that the same amount of coins are let in the grading room at one time because the room itself is not getting any bigger.  

I know that things are crazy in the world, and I'm sure that comes in to play here, but I would just like to know what the actual estimated turnaround time is, now that giving any of them as gifts is over.

Thank you

• Administrator

Dear Numisto,

Thank you.  I'm sorry but we are running behind on all of our turnaround times.  It's possible that the order will ship this week but I cannot guarantee it.  We are all working very hard to get orders processed.

Thank you,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

thanks for the update but I’m talking about another part of the process.  The estimated turnaround time for econ us is listed as 30 days but NGC is not hitting that, as you said.  What is NGC currently doing in that regard?  I’d like the company to put that on the website, in the estimated turnaround times section.

best,

derek

Hey mi name is Lamar jones and I'm wondering how long it's going to take for my coin to get submitted and graded and sent back because I paid a 150$ for a reason .that reason being a walkthrough tier and it being back in 48 hrs I also sent it priority express which is the quickest way of mail transport. I received a email at 1:03pm today  saying that my package came and was signed by a S BRAMBACH. So I was hoping I could count on it being back to me by wednesday.my client num is:CS168557 and my invoice num is:5928163..this is highly important and I would appreciate it if this matter is given immediate attention my Christmas for my kids is counting on this I put my whole check into this and I have just enough money to pay for the grading of my coin with the 150 NGC credit  ..by the way it's only one coin it is a 1965 roosevelt dime 

I have to agree that the the turnaround times are not up to par. I also paid the express fee for 2 days when I submitted my coins.  It took way longer than that--no notification, no message, and didn't even ship it express back.  They charged me right away though!!!  I pretty much got taken advantage of with the prices.  I paid an express fee for a modern service basically.  Nothing is updated on the website.  "Turnaround times are not guaranteed" is not to mean that 2 days turns into 10.  It means 2 days turns into 4 max, with a message or some sort of compensation.

I urge anyone submitting to not request or pay for expedited service because you are not getting expedited service. 

Edited by JazzySilver

Hi all,

My order finished up, on working day 36 for us Econ order.  It won’t make Christmas, still, but it’s done.  The website says 30, just to give everyone an idea from my order how far behind things might be.

happy holidays, everyone.

Hi,

My first submission is now listed as available for pickup by usps tracking. Having read this and other threads I kinda understand the current process/backlog . I've read that ngc has its own station for the p o box at a building and that orders are delivered. So what does ready for pickup translate to in terms of being delivered as far as usps info goes? Thanks.

• Administrator

Hi Doug,

Thank you.  Yes, our P.O. Boxes are in our facility.  We also have a postal worker that works in our building.  When you see that it says ready for pick up this means that the truck didn't make the drop off for that day and they will bring it the next day.

Thank you,

Lisa

Hello, 

Similar situation here. My economy submission from early November has been in Grading/Quality Control since 01/04. Over the last 6-7 years I have never seen a submission staying so long in this stage. Any idea when it will finish processing? 

Thanks.

Edited by shredplayer

23 hours ago, LISA B said:

Hi Doug,

Thank you.  Yes, our P.O. Boxes are in our facility.  We also have a postal worker that works in our building.  When you see that it says ready for pick up this means that the truck didn't make the drop off for that day and they will bring it the next day.

Thank you,

Lisa

Ok. Thanks. The status has changed to delivered. I assume it is now waiting for processing.  I had an experience a couple years ago when I sent a phone in to a company for a credit to a new phone. In the box was the exchange form which had my credit card details. The box ended up being lost/stolen somehow. Although it was listed in transit my credit card started to have strange charges. That's how I realized the box had been taken. Anyway, I asked customer service if I could avoid having details in this box and was told to put note on submission form about calling as soon as I get received email. So I'm hoping as soon as the box is processed I will get notice and be able to call and give credit card details.  Is there anything I should do at this point besides just wait? Thank you.

• Administrator

Hi Doug,

You should call the office and put a credit card on file with us.  That way, you will not need to put it on the submission form./

Thanks,

Lisa