• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My first NGC Morgan!! Vam question! Die break?

5 posts in this topic

I bought my first NGC Morgan Silver Dollar. It's graded at MS 62 and when I received it I noticed what looks like a die break on front and back.   Is it worth resubmitting to get the die break noted?  Does this make the coin more valuable?  Which vam do you think this is? 

20201214_095047.jpg

20201214_095035.jpg

Edited by Bmarshall
Grammer

MauleMall is correct there are so many VAMs we could fill this room with.  Also Die cracks can be cool and interesting but they don't add anything to the value most of the time.

Use the link that @MAULEMALL provided and see if you can identify the correct VAM, there are a bunch for this date.  You would then need to check the NGC site to see if they recognize the VAM that you have (assuming you have one).  NGC does not slab/denote every VAM only some so its important to check before you were to send in, and then it will only be worth the cost if the VAM adds enough value to at least cover the cost to have the VAM on the label.

Edited to add:  As it is already in an NGC holder its very likely that its a minor VAM that is not recognized and/or that it was not worth the extra $15 fee for variety attribution. 

Edited by Coinbuf