In Honor of NevadaS&G: Your Most Head Bashing TPG Result
1 1

67 posts in this topic

On 12/13/2020 at 6:30 PM, gmarguli said:

.... I thought perhaps people might like to share their most "I want to bash my head against the wall" TPG result.

A coin I purchased [not further identified due to the possibility of incurring VKurtB's wrath] and listed as FDC (Fleur De Coin) or a range of from MS-65 to MS-70 USA, was formally graded by PCGS as MS-64+, a personal loss to me on two fronts: economically, with bank wire transfer and conversion costs from USD to euros, and, disqualification from the high standard I had set for myself on their Set Registry. Though I had the option of returning the "merchandise" and in so doing incurring further costs (and the risk inherent in all international transactions, I chose to pretend none of this ever happened adopting MarkFeld's stance that what I had purchased was merely an "opinion.

56 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

A coin I purchased [not further identified due to the possibility of incurring VKurtB's wrath] and listed as FDC (Fleur De Coin) or a range of from MS-65 to MS-70 USA, was formally graded by PCGS as MS-64+,

,A Rooster on A Frog coin.lol

The advancement in materials today is shocking, All the supplies I had bought to use wasn't available to old timer dudes. Fiberglass, Water proofing, Polyurethanes, Tiles, and High Performance Mortars & Grouts certainly made it easier. The old timer dudes must of had a rough life building these things