• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In Honor of NevadaS&G: Your Most Head Bashing TPG Result
1 1

80 posts in this topic

All my graded coins I bought that way.  When submitting them for grading, why do they send some back in bags?  I can understand for counterfeit coins but what other reasons?  Just curious as that day for sending some in could be coming soon.

35 minutes ago, Woods020 said:

I’ll sadly admit I wish my first big learning experience only cost me $500. When I first started I went in head and wallet first. I quickly amassed about 50 coins, mainly Morgan’s, that I bought believing they were BU, Gem, etc. as all the scrupulous sellers had stated. Many off eBay. I sent them all in, and was nauseated when I got the grades. I really thought I had some great stuff, but I think MS64 was the highest of the bunch. Atleast half were cleaned. 2 were counterfeit. 

BUT I’ll tell you while it was expensive tuition, I learned many lessons from it. It got me in gear to read more, submit less, and question everything. 

Luckily I only sent in that one bad coin. It was that contaminated coin I posted while back. It received a grade tho but still ill never be able to sell it to no one knowing it is like that. I wouldn't dare even try. But I've learned by that mistake and by reading about all the mistakes the veterans have confessed to, that I need to double and triple check every coin I send in and make sure its worth it. Also make sure its not cleaned or counterfeit. I got off very easy. And I thank all of you for all the information and stories that will help prevent me from making a very expensive mistake in the future. If it weren't for joining this forum its hard telling what I would have tried to submit. Because I had several I wanted to but realize now they are not worth it. 

Edited by Hoghead515

12 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

Thing is PCGS never looked at it. Your missing the point. They cracked it, removed the green bean, and said lets use the same grade that was on the holder. It's a win win for them, why work ?

You're pathetic.  You're literally accusing PCGS of theft.  

Edited by Morpheus1967

10 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

This board isn't a PCGS complaint box:boo:

It seems this one thinks it is.  It didn't have the guts to post this on CU; they would eat him alive!  :preach:

This guy is obviously off his rocker!  

Edited by Alex in PA.

There is no stopping the nonsense that NevadaS&G will post. I am now thoroughly convinced he would not know the truth if it bit him. He was not satisfied to bring shame on himself in the last thread ? I would suggest an action by all to ignore this user and put an end to his rant. The only problem is that he will still keep popping up....rantrant

GEESH.. when i submit my coins; they are all perfect looking to me :)   funny thing I don't collect plastic, I collect coins.  so i really don't care what it says on the holder until it says JT and in my safe.   so i could care less what the TPGs think about it or even the CAC since i have seen some dogs with that bean on them......when it say JT then i know i have a coin.

On 12/16/2020 at 9:55 AM, Ray, USMC said:

There is no stopping the nonsense that NevadaS&G will post. I am now thoroughly convinced he would not know the truth if it bit him. He was not satisfied to bring shame on himself in the last thread ? I would suggest an action by all to ignore this user and put an end to his rant. The only problem is that he will still keep popping up....rantrant

[Now, now. You ignore NevadaS&G and what'll you be left with? ME!  You wouldn't want that to happen... Again.  

It takes all types to make an active, healthy forum. Some members like to gripe or vent their frustrations. Others wait for that pivotal thread-changing moment when they can rise, point a finger for dramatic effect, and dispatch with authority: "J'accuse!"  That's the cue for the hand-to-hand combatants to enter the fray followed by the Sanitation guys equipped with sweepers and shovels and rolling trash barrels.   Each member has a role to play. Some do it crudely; others with civility.  Nobody is forced to participate. This is entirely voluntary. Let us all resolve to be the best we can be for the Holidays and New Year. Peace on Earth and Goodwill to All.! 😉

[Well, it's not official until Prof. Poe says it is so, striking names from pylons, papyri, hippopotami, and the like...]

Quirky forum:  you've got long-time member Goldfinger1969 inquiring who is this N S&G? and what's he got to do with mergers and acquisitions? -- totally oblivious to this member's very existence, and Alex in PA, my Alex, the emoji king!, proclaiming before a live national audience that he allowed someone he has never seen, spoken to, or really gotten to know to push his buttons. What? If the gentleman offends you and the others so much, why don't you simply report him? You can't, because he's done nothing wrong. Never mind nice, can't we all just get along? 

8 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

What was done "Wrong" is not for you to say.

He did Many unethical things. When called on it and exposed he did what all used car hucksters do..

He attacked and insulted and maligned..

His posts were actionable by PCGS ..

He was given every opportunity to recant and work it through..

I figure he got his bagged Morgan back and is to embarrassed to "shove it in our faces" lol

Nope still here, still waiting on Ngc, after all I did send it in Economy. I may be here for a month and a half, that's about how long NGC takes on Economy subs.

1 minute ago, NevadaS&G said:

Nope still here, still waiting on Ngc, after all I did send it in Economy. I may be here for a month and a half, that's about how long NGC takes on Economy subs.

Sad that you sent it economy after all the money you spent ATS.. 

A bit Un natural ,this sudden frugality...hm

23 minutes ago, MAULEMALL said:

Sad that you sent it economy after all the money you spent ATS.. 

A bit Un natural ,this sudden frugality...hm

No I have to watch where I spend my money, I Demolished my 3rd Guest Bathroom and am Tiling the Shower since I have nowhere to go during the Coronavirus. I stay at home building my Palace.

It takes me approx a month and a half to build one anyway. In that time I shall receive my coins. I can Post Pics of my progress below.

So far I have retiled the floors, 

replaced the all the drywall,

framed the shower under a Staircase,

replaced the copper plumbing,

dug to china and concreted,

Installed a new toilet bowl and attached it so securely you would need a bulldozer to knock it out,

Built a shower pan,

Waterproofed everything,

Squared and plumbed the walls,

Textured all the walls and painted, 

Installed a Secondary Light with a 3 Switch panel,

and tomorrow I will wake up to do even more. This stuff is not cheap so sending coins Economy may be the right thing to do right now

IMG_20201219_162849269_HDR.thumb.jpg.b92f5bba4c32e31e67b138830ee8dd0e.jpgIMG_20201219_162918963_HDR.thumb.jpg.1a97a83380a4206784168184615be5eb.jpgIMG_20201219_162809380_HDR.thumb.jpg.771d53e57573d60004cbbf573c45862e.jpg

34 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

Love the shower. Gonna look good when you get er finished. 

Thanks, It has a very clean Marbly vibe. If this Rona keeps going I'm going to tackle the Laundry Room next.

Ultimately we must get back to the case I presented in the Court of Public Opinion.

I sent in a CAC Certified Grade A coin suggesting to PCGS it may be Undergraded by a single point minimum and included a Photo of a Comparable Coin that has Less Eye Appeal 

but that was graded higher than mine in an Email. I sent this 1 Coin in Express and 9 additional coins. My 1889 coin was bagged under a generic term that no one really knows what it is.

I smell dirty rats over there, totally, my other coins have suspiciously low scores !!! 

All grading times were missed and I suspect nobody looked at my Express Order or they didn't care.

I called the Bank and have been refunded the entire amount.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:56 PM, NevadaS&G said:

IMG_20201219_162809380_HDR.thumb.jpg.771d53e57573d60004cbbf573c45862e.jpg

You used the floor tile to tile the outer wall of the shower basin. I think most people use the same shower tile for that. Just an observation...

Edited by gmarguli

3 hours ago, gmarguli said:

You used the floor tile to tile the outer wall of the shower basin. I think most people use the same shower tile for that. Just an observation...

I used the wall tile on the inside of the curb. I think it looks great. I already finished the wall with the valves today, just one more wall and I'm done. Glass Install time.

Once i grout everything it will look very nice. I can already tell as I've grouted 1 wall. No lippage anywhere every grout line is 1/16 of an inch, everything is square and flat

I also built in hella insane Slope angle. Its almost like your riding a wave......and

The Best part of this Install was buying the Made in the USA Wall Tile. Look for it on the Box. Support America 1st !

IMG_20201221_144440754_HDR (1).jpg

Edited by NevadaS&G