• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im deleting my PCGS Account and never going back
1 1

359 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

lol Look I don't belong here, This site has Good Information from a host of people Coinbuf, VKurt, Gmarguli, etc, even Maulemall included about Numismatics and Coins. I'm neither a Coin Collector nor a Coin Scholar. I'm a salesman

and businessman. I was pissed because I run a business and PCGS interrupted my bottom line. Any interruptions i will not take dearly too. I guess that is what you guys strive for is Identifying Inspecting, and Pointing out each and every

coin there is.. I also have multiple seller accounts, Coins are not my only thing, I deal in Electronics, and have an Auto Repair shop and I'm an Amateur Tiler,  

Maybe their grading system is set up for you guys and I'm in the wrong, who knows. Regardless I expressed my frustrations and I will now move along. Thanks !

I don't send coins out for grading myself. I usually buy already slabbed. Just ribbin' on the bike. Lol I have a couple harleys! 

NOW Mr Nevada ... now that you were declared the winner.. 

How are you going to repair your reputation.. I mean after you shove it in all our faces and stuff?

How do you make people realize that you aren't a sleazy used car salesman with no actual knowledge and nothing really redeeming in your posts? I mean after you're done shoving our face in it? 

Whats going to be your contribution to the board? 

Truthfully I think PCGS Is getting the best part of the deal... 

2 hours ago, MAULEMALL said:

NOW Mr Nevada ... now that you were declared the winner.. 

How are you going to repair your reputation.. I mean after you shove it in all our faces and stuff?

How do you make people realize that you aren't a sleazy used car salesman with no actual knowledge and nothing really redeeming in your posts? I mean after you're done shoving our face in it? 

Whats going to be your contribution to the board? 

Truthfully I think PCGS Is getting the best part of the deal... 

I just contributed !

I would like to ask NevadaS&G these questions:

1. What did you hope to accomplish with regards to your unfounded accusations ?

2. Did you accomplish anything ?

3. Are you satisfied with the outcome here ?

4. Do you feel it is necessary to continue this spirited banter ?

5. Since you have been the declared winner are you now satisfied ?

6. Are you willing to stay on this forum and learn as previously suggest ? 

30 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Here's a pic of the original.... That US Mint Cardboard really did a number on this 58. Its a Comical Coin....

Some say there's another one but the original owner scratched the tone off with his finger believing it was not real.

s-l1600 (43).jpg

Looks assisted..:whistle:

3 hours ago, NevadaS&G said:

Some things are just not for sale unless I do ever get a ridiculous amount of money. That coin when sitting in a presentation box is disturbingly magical. Say you have it in your office and every time you look 

at it its never the same. Its overwhelmingly powerful. Holographic, Color Changing, Color Shifting Insanity. 

Your office may have 10,000 distractions but when someone enters the office that coin is the only thing they see, A veritable beacon drawing you in. I get bored looking at coins but this one I have to cover most

of the time on its side so no one sees it because that's all they see. Everyone in the room turns Invisible. It's such a distraction I lose eye contact with visitors to my office.

Smaller in diameter than a Dollar, Smaller than a Half Dollar, 100X more powerful.

The second you move your head, then coin changes again. 20X More powerful than the PCGS Hologram...... Hence the I will never sell it price unless your Rockefeller 

You really are a salesman. You don't appear to know much about coins, but I'll give you the fancy descriptive sales pitch.  

16 minutes ago, scopru said:

You really are a salesman. You don't appear to know much about coins, but I'll give you the fancy descriptive sales pitch.  

I've seen all kinds of Toners, Rainbows, Magical Unics, Artificial Jobbers, nothing and I mean nothing compares to this one Quarter. 

Its spending most of its time in the dark now for this one reason.

46 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

I've seen all kinds of Toners, Rainbows, Magical Unics, Artificial Jobbers, nothing and I mean nothing compares to this one Quarter. 

Then you should look at the PCGS Pop Report and see the pictures of the numerous ones that look nicer and graded higher than this one. 

Given the pic was taken with a ton of light, I suspect this is a typical mint set toned 25c, maybe with a little more than normal light blue/green color. (shrug)

3 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

Then you should look at the PCGS Pop Report and see the pictures of the numerous ones that look nicer and graded higher than this one. 

Given the pic was taken with a ton of light, I suspect this is a typical mint set toned 25c, maybe with a little more than normal light blue/green color. (shrug)

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1958-25c/images/5864 Find It then :roflmao:

18 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

There are several at the 66 & 65 level that I liked just as much or better. The higher grade ones blow yours away.

Don't forget, most of these mint set toned coins were graded in the early 90's. There are no TrueView pics of them online. I used to bust apart tons of 47-58 mint sets and submit the coins. I've submitted hundreds of these toned coins. 

Edited by gmarguli

Speaking of toned coins. I bought a 62 proof set that had never been opened. I had to rip the envelope to get it open. The nickle in it is the most beautiful light blue color I've seen. Im very happy I got this set. Also the Franklin is a beautiful light pink color. Im gonna send them in and have them slabbed. Only thing with the Franklin is it has a blue spot on the reverse that don't look like  toning. I get home this evening ill start a thread on it. Maybe some of you can talk me out of sending it in, hopefully,  cause I can't control myself sometimes. Both them little guys that sit on your shoulders are telling me to have it graded. 

48 minutes ago, gmarguli said:

I used to bust apart tons of 47-58 mint sets and submit the coins. I've submitted hundreds of these toned coins. 

[Pardon the incongruity, but that helps explain what happened to all the cherry-picked virgins...]

On 12/16/2020 at 3:20 PM, MAULEMALL said:

Lord knows I tried to keep your pace...lol

["What God hath wrought, let no man tear asunder."  Applications: marriage; the severing of North from South America with a Canal at the Isthmus of Panama; traumatic (unauthorized) de-encapsulations; and the dispersal of proof sets...

After-action report:  Very lively thread; informative, entertaining -- and revealing. Arrived with a bang. Chugged through 235 posts before being spent nary a week later.  Lots of flying recriminations leaving more questions than answers. A rather feisty OP holding his own right on up to the end. No winners. No losers. No matter. A good time was had by all.]

On 12/15/2020 at 9:13 PM, NevadaS&G said:

I can only hope NGC grades that 1889 very soon so I can shove it in your faces and declare myself the Winner.

You seem knowledgeable about coins so why the hostility ?  Debate coins, don't attack posters -- or even a TPG.

If you want to say you strongly disagree with a TPG on a grade they gave you or didn't give you....FINE.  You'd probably get support from here.

It's not only toning that matters....it's tone. xD

On 2/12/2021 at 7:09 PM, VKurtB said:

I don’t even LIKE “toners”. Is that still allowed in this field?

[As you may have heard, unless I am sadly mistaken, NGC in early May 2021 announced a dedicated Set Registry for toners.  I do not recall the denomination chosen.]

Some coins not all of them but mostly Morgans I’ve notice grading standards between PCGS and NGC seems to me PCGS awards higher grades for higher luster Morgan dollars even if they lack a deep strike full of bag marks and distractions , where as NGC seems to ignore the higher luster and focus more on strike . I’ve also noticed this trend with Walker half dollars as well PCGS will award higher grade for luster but the strike looks weak compared to NGC grading for a deeper strike... why do PCGS coins demand a higher premium ? I have no idea I guess a group of dealers really poisoned the minds of gullible collectors thinking PCGS is only #1 , but when it comes to World coins Go 100% with NGC they have more of a data base and foot hold on world coins