• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im deleting my PCGS Account and never going back
1 1

359 posts in this topic

The old Modwriter in me wants to say something to the OP,  but alas, the new Modwriter isnt in the mood, except to say the OP needs to move on and keep hunting for that elusive MS70. Anybody know who the new Secretary of the Treasury will be? Will we be saying goodbye to the cent and nickel?

4 hours ago, Quintus Arrius said:

Thread closed? Already? You just got here! Do drop in from time to time...

I do plan on coming here from time to time, I have a 1964 Medal that NGC is currently grading. I'm hoping I get Top Pop 1 of 1 and changing me avi so people can see me and my Llama

Edited by NevadaS&G

11 hours ago, Modwriter said:

The old Modwriter in me wants to say something to the OP,  but alas, the new Modwriter isnt in the mood, except to say the OP needs to move on and keep hunting for that elusive MS70. Anybody know who the new Secretary of the Treasury will be? Will we be saying goodbye to the cent and nickel?

No one will know who the new Treasury Sec'y will be until his appointment.  (I don't care for the present one and care less for his primary donna wife.)  The cent serves no useful purpose.  Worse, it's not even real; it is an embarrassment. The nickel is okay. For now. At some point, I hope the whole shebang is revamped and a fitting tribute is created for observance of the country's sestercentennial in 2026.

18 minutes ago, Quintus Arrius said:

No one will know who the new Treasury Sec'y will be until his appointment.  (I don't care for the present one and care less for his primary donna wife.)  The cent serves no useful purpose.  Worse, it's not even real; it is an embarrassment. The nickel is okay. For now. At some point, I hope the whole shebang is revamped and a fitting tribute is created for observance of the country's sestercentennial in 2026.

I agree. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they done away with the cent. They are a pain to roll up and would be easier to just round up to the nearest 5 cent. 

16 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

I will break their cases with a hammer later tonight

Do we really have to hear more?  :roflmao:

After that you can start a thread about how bad NGC treated you when you get their grades back.  A fool and his money...............

18 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Carrying on this was graded an MS-64 by pcgs, I dont see it.... Minimum 65.They should be ashamed for sending me back my coins. I will break their cases with a hammer later tonight40967391_medium.thumb.jpg.1a8b1f72fea004abf5f144815b7b99bb.jpg

If you had posted this coin as a "Guess the Grade," I would have guessed MS63+. Evidently, you and I grade to different standards.

54 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

If you had posted this coin as a "Guess the Grade," I would have guessed MS63+. Evidently, you and I grade to different standards.

I would have guessed 64. Regardless, PCGS need not be ashamed. 

Edited by MarkFeld

7 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Alright I guess you guys don't want me to go into next week, I will stop. The 81 S isn't the best example. I have better ones. As for the Biden comment that really wasn't Political. 

Actually, the 1881-S might have served as an excellent example. Based on the images, if you thought it deserved a 65 or better, you don’t appear to be on the same page as PCGS and NGC.

6 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

Actually, the 1881-S might have served as an excellent example. Based on the images, if you thought it deserved a 65 or better, you don’t appear to be on the same page as PCGS and NGC.

I agree with this one, probably the most accurately graded on in my submission. It doesn't deserve a 65 but its borderline 

51 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Carrying on this was graded an MS-64 by pcgs, I dont see it.... Minimum 65.They should be ashamed for sending me back my coins. I will break their cases with a hammer later tonight40967391_medium.thumb.jpg.1a8b1f72fea004abf5f144815b7b99bb.jpg

I have to agree with 64 on this one. I think the cheek just had a little too much chatter to get 65. JMO

4 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

I agree with this one, probably the most accurately graded on in my submission. It doesn't deserve a 65 but its borderline 

Before you stated “Carrying on this was graded an MS-64 by pcgs, I dont see it.... Minimum 65...”

When you complain about a coin like that in such a way, it severely undermines your credibility.

1 hour ago, NevadaS&G said:

They gifted you a 64 and you are gonna crack it:roflmao:

Uncertainty goes with the territory.  The OP is highly upset.  Ironically, had I received a 65, or greater on either of two coins I have, I would be ecstatic. To date, no 1901 or 1902 French 20-franc gold rooster has ever been graded MS 65, or higher, out of a mintage of some 5,000,000 coins. And should such examples surface, depending on prevailing demand their FMV will be skewed by collectors like me who insist on having the best, price being no object.  I wish the OP the very best and want to assure him we have all experienced setbacks at one time or another.

What I haven't told anyone yet is that I sent PCGS an email previous to sending in my Submission on the validity of the Tidy House Morgan grade and stating my claim for a SINGLE DIGIT UPGRADE, they said no problem as the grade was in question.

I would never have never sent them anything if they didn't agree upon it.

They then turned their backs and took the money, After that I couldn't communicate with them at all.

That's what most of this is all about. and the lowballed grades of my other coins. 

3 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

What I haven't told anyone yet is that I sent PCGS an email previous to sending in my Submission on the validity of the Tidy House Morgan grade and stating my claim for a SINGLE DIGIT UPGRADE, they said no problem as the grade was in question.

I would never have never sent them anything if they didn't agree upon it.

They then turned their backs and took the money, After that I couldn't communicate with them at all.

That's what most of this is all about. and the lowballed grades of my other coins. 

I can’t imagine PCGS replying to such an email, and without first re-examining the coin, stating “no problem” with respect to an upgrade.

7 minutes ago, MarkFeld said:

I can’t imagine PCGS replying to such an email, and without first re-examining the coin, stating “no problem” with respect to an upgrade.

Well they did initially. I have the email.

11 minutes ago, NevadaS&G said:

Is this another MS-63 coin ?

cert_40861388_obversesingle_205064681_Max.jpg

The one side that I can see looks like a 64.

Edited by MarkFeld

Well Ignoring me, My Initial Submission my Email attempts and blocking off all communication, throwing my coins in a bin down the line for Esmerelda from Santa Ana to grade cost that Company 5 Benjamins. We used to have Customer Service in this country and now we have nothing. 

Edited by NevadaS&G