• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mail Backlog

10 posts in this topic

Is there a timeline in place that shows the date when mail received by NGC will be entered into their tracking database?  When I receive confirmation from the shipping company that a package has been delivered to NGC, is there a way to determine without calling NGC what the timeframe is for when the coins will be processed through their mail room and entered into the NGC database?  My coins were delivered by USPS on Monday November 30, 2020, and they are still not in the NGC database.

Hi Lisa/NGC,

I am in the same boat as Peter Gordon with 11 Modern coins "delivered" according to USPS tracking on 11/30/2020. While I appreciate NGC's admission that they are behind, as a marketing person I am a bit mystified there is no transparency regarding why this backlog developed and more importantly what the plan is to catch up. NGC continues to advertise a 12 day turnaround for modern coins and as of today, NGC has had my coins for 10 workdays and it appears my coins will not be logged in for another 4-5 days. After talking with NGC customer service, who in my opinion simply spouted the party line that everything was fine and they were working through the backlog, there is more here than we are being told.

19 minutes ago, Mactanboy said:

Hi Lisa/NGC,

I am in the same boat as Peter Gordon with 11 Modern coins "delivered" according to USPS tracking on 11/30/2020. While I appreciate NGC's admission that they are behind, as a marketing person I am a bit mystified there is no transparency regarding why this backlog developed and more importantly what the plan is to catch up. NGC continues to advertise a 12 day turnaround for modern coins and as of today, NGC has had my coins for 10 workdays and it appears my coins will not be logged in for another 4-5 days. After talking with NGC customer service, who in my opinion simply spouted the party line that everything was fine and they were working through the backlog, there is more here than we are being told.

How much more transparency do you want?  I have never seen them hide the fact that they are behind.  And any time someone asks how far behind, Lisa has been nothing but honest.  

Try even getting a reply from ANYONE in customer service ATS right now.  

I guess I would like them to give me some idea when my coins will be logged in. Not sure what getting a reply ATS (?) has to do with my comment. It appears you and I have very different perceptions of what customer service means.

2 hours ago, Mactanboy said:

I guess I would like them to give me some idea when my coins will be logged in. Not sure what getting a reply ATS (?) has to do with my comment. It appears you and I have very different perceptions of what customer service means.

What it means is if you post a question here to Lisa, she will tell you how far behind they are. Which I think is exceptional, and transparent.  Try and get a reply from customer service ATS?  Forget about it.  It's non-existent right now.  Having dealt with both companies quite a bit over the years, this place hands down has the better customer service.  

And hey, at least your coins were delivered.  Have you seen all the issues with USPS lately?  

Mine were delivered November 25th, logged in on December 7th & 9th. I had two submissions.  But they didn't update on the website until the 9th. I hope this helps some.  I was stressed too, but I kept coming back here and looking for Lisa's replies.  I feel that the back log may in part be because of the American Eagles V75 that had to be in by the 9th I believe to get the first release designation.