• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black dime
1 1

10 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Turko said:

This dime is any special?or it’s normal 

34B1A852-AD34-4FDD-9209-DC972E6361CF.jpeg

292F67BA-94BA-44F7-99EF-7F0582A4A787.jpeg

It took thirty years to develop this interesting uncommon color.  We will have to wait for one of our resident mad scientists to weigh in with a credible analysis.

I have come across blackened coins from time to time.  And if they are are of the clad persuasion, as this one clearly is [1989-P] I feel free to commit the ultimate sacrilege which is take a brillo pad to it which will not decrease its value by one cent.  A cursory look clearly indicates its an ordinary dime -- take a look at the wear on Roosevelt's locks -- but, as the old Clairol commercial goes, "only [his] hairdresser knows for sure."  For a more responsible explanation, I would wait until a Rosie lover like Just Bob weighs in. I suggest when all is said and done the term environmental damage will rear its ugly head.  I myself prefer the less pejorative tarnish.

18 minutes ago, Hoghead515 said:

I've found several modern quarters like that too. Here's one I dug up and cleaned off and putting back into circulation. 20201204_190728.thumb.jpg.2d2313b810108749048ad4519c23ee3c.jpg

Amizing how it really doesn't detract from the design..lol