• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectors Universe agrees to be acquired by investor group
1 1

185 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, World Colonial said:

Yes, to a point though I'm not going to claim to know all the specifics of both.

To my knowledge, Keynes wouldn't agree with modern Keynesians either.  I never agreed with it but at least government economic policy was reasonably sensible until it started going off course under the Bush II administration.  It's gone completely off the rails in the last two administrations.  Same for monetary policy with Greenspan around 2003, though it actually started in response to the 1987 crash.

There is no turning back now without crashing both the economy and financial markets.  Moreover, there isn't even a hint of an intent to attempt it.  

Another reason it isn't possible to turn back is because there has been substantial social decay which isn't completely visible since it's partly mitigated by artificially cheap money and deficit spending.   It's evident to a point politically even now but this is a topic outside the scope of the forum.

funny....  I am a programmer and i have been deep into the Ethereum world for quite some time... I've heard just about every argument when it comes to crypto currency... In reading your comments (most/not-all) I would have thought you were a bitcoin maximalist... everything you point out in this series of posts are the same arguments that those that really understand bitcoin make... (I'm not referencing all the nitwits that trade BTC because 99.99% of them but don't understand it).  https://medium.com/efficient-frontier/on-austrian-economics-and-bitcoin-15051a28820d

On 8/10/2021 at 4:56 PM, bernard55 said:

funny....  I am a programmer and i have been deep into the Ethereum world for quite some time... I've heard just about every argument when it comes to crypto currency... In reading your comments (most/not-all) I would have thought you were a bitcoin maximalist... everything you point out in this series of posts are the same arguments that those that really understand bitcoin make... (I'm not referencing all the nitwits that trade BTC because 99.99% of them but don't understand it).  https://medium.com/efficient-frontier/on-austrian-economics-and-bitcoin-15051a28820d

No, no advocate of BTC or any other crypto currency at all.  I see it as nothing more than another aspect of the on-going global financial assets mania.

Only in an environment of unprecedented optimism and speculation would so many collectively believe that something with no actual value should be worth trillions.

I don't see as any different than a Ponzi scheme.

On 8/10/2021 at 6:00 PM, World Colonial said:

I don't see as any different than a Ponzi scheme.

It's like the wind.  You cannot see it but somehow it's "there," and apparently legal.