• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 no fg Kennedy half dolar question

8 posts in this topic

I think I would grade that one Fine. I honestly don't know how much an example in this grade would sell for, so you might want to do some searching on Ebay for coins in similar condition that have sold in the past. It may pay to have it authenticated, if you think it will sell for around a hundred dollars or more.  

10 hours ago, DWLange said:

You would have to pay for both the grading and variety attribution fees, so it's not likely to be worth the expense of having it certified.

This guy has a submission question I got no clue...Maybe you could give him an answer... TIA

v75 + medals submissions questions - US, World, and Ancient Coins - NGC Coin Collectors Chat Boards

Just an opinion, but the coin is too beat up to have any collector value remaining. Paying for authentications etc. only increases the negative value.

1 hour ago, Quintus Arrius said:

[Okay. But what about the missing FG and it's possible cause?]

The likely cause is excessive grinding of the die to remove clash marks.