• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if??

3 posts in this topic

So How much leeway should be allowed when selling? What I mean is a bidder wins , but never pays....How long does a seller wait til he is forced to cancel the order because of non payment?  I've done this once already , waited 6 business days......Any thoughts??

Hello Rocket23,

Well, let's see now. 

- Is this your first time with the issue, or have you had this issue before?  have you contacted the bidder?

- How patient are you in waiting for payment?

- What is your selling venue? From looking at various (well-known) websites, there usually is a time frame to pay. eBay for example  you can file a report after 2 days and the buyer has about 4 days to respond, with a maximum of 36 days total.

I usually give a week to pay. People may have other higher priorities ...

6 hours ago, mike169 said:

Hello Rocket23,

Well, let's see now. 

- Is this your first time with the issue, or have you had this issue before?  have you contacted the bidder?

- How patient are you in waiting for payment?

- What is your selling venue? From looking at various (well-known) websites, there usually is a time frame to pay. eBay for example  you can file a report after 2 days and the buyer has about 4 days to respond, with a maximum of 36 days total.

I usually give a week to pay. People may have other higher priorities ...

no just one so far,

1 week tops...

auction / paypal.

Throwing this out there if the problem is more numerous than just my one time, I guess.